And today I did......

I appear to have bought another frame :oops: thats two this week!

What's big bad JB (RIP) got to do with the price of stamps?

Retro or modern mr k?

Love the fact we are discussing robins on one page and ford gt's on the other. ( and no hedge or pen talk neither)

:LOL:

clockworkgazz":1qe1xh9u said:
Love the fact we are discussing robins on one page and ford gt's on the other. ( and no hedge or pen talk neither)

:LOL:

Oh the irony. On one page you have an intellegent, well educated scientist waxing lyrical about Reliant ownership and on the other you have the idiotic grease monkey who spent the few years he actually went to school smoking fags and getting 'stinky fingers' behind the science block talking 60's supercars.

That's the benefit of a good education for you.

Now where did I leave my copy of Nuts.

trimmed a bit of me hedge tonight
going to the daughters after tea to help tidy up her garden ,will no doubt
involve some hedge maintenance

Si, you know more about cars than I do about science, i'm a lab tech not a scientist ;)

C'mon Kaiser, spill, what you got now :D

kaiser":29mi1igt said:
I appear to have bought another frame

clockworkgazz":29mi1igt said:
What's big bad JB (RIP) got to do with ...

ybf_logo_310x233.jpg

Tenuous, I know...

That's pretty poor ZZ :roll:

Fitted the headset into the Mt Tam this afternoon and found the steerer to be too short. It would have had a later Dura Ace 600 headset in it rather than the previous years 600EX that I had bought for it.
I love EX headsets and was a little miffed. I couldn't swap forks as they are Teesdale fillet brazed and not exactly ten a penny.
So it called for a little surgery. I worked out that the steerer was around 5mm too short even without the locking washer.
Now. The EX bottom race is a big thick thing and after it had been on the lathe 5 minutes it was now half the weight and 3.5mm shallower. I found another 1mm by turning down the crown of the fork - carefully so as not to damage the fork. The top bearing lower race also lost 1mm and the lock washer lost just under 1mm. Bingo. Cleaned everything up and hey presto- fits a treat.
Now need to find some mint thumbies, crankset and brakes and it will be ready for Glentress.

Back