And today I did......

A tale of two eBayers....

Seller 1, got the huff on that the XT730 skewers that I bid on didn't go balistic. I won them at a few dollars. Seller sent a message to say that she didn't ship worldwide and would be relisting. I was highest bidder for 8 days - plenty enough time to tell me about the trade embargo.

Seller 2, again US based. I won a brand new pair of RM17 Arayas on 730 hubs. Mint as mint can be with spoke protector and reflectors all there- even still in wrapper. Posted out on time (customs had them 9 days and made a hefty charge but hey ho). Very happy. Just gone to put the box they came in into the recycling and heard something rattling about in the bottom. What was it?? Well, a brand new boxed 28-12 Hyperglide cassette to start with. Oh there's more!?? Yes! A pair of NOS 730 skewers :D, still boxed! You want more? How about a NOS 6spd Dura Ace chain, and finally a NOS Strong seatpost in 26.8 flavour- again mint and boxed!!!!
All for Karma ;)

Just when you think eBay is full of twats and true gent comes to the rescue. Bad_CNC_habit is the guys name. Superstar!

mikee":27ziic5s said:
bells are cool :cool:

Should I get a retrobell? The current one just goes "ding", I reckon it should be a round chrome one that goes "drriiinng, drriinng"

With a picture of Zebedee from the Magic Roundabout on top, I had one just like that on my Raleigh Tomahawk.

Dr S":33uvynwu said:
A tale of two eBayers....

!

Indeed ebayers are a funny bunch - I've have folks send me headlamps stripped of all fittings, wiring and bulbs :roll: - yet the P7 pictured earlier, sold as a bare frame, came with nearly complete LX groupset, USE post and one other, SDG kevlar seat, Hotrodbars, x-lite levers etc etc - sometimes the magic it works..................... :D

Latest posts

Back