And today I did......

Found not one, but two brand spanky, NOS 1987 Shimano 600EX headsets on evilbay today for less than $100 inc shipping. My favorite headsets ever. One is going on the Wicked (I over tightened the locknut and stripped the threads in the peaks in may :oops: ) and t'other is going on the Tam.

I just need shifters and a crankset now and I can build it up. Hoping to debut it at Glentress next month.

Got frustrated about bicycles:

frastration 1 - UTTERLY stuck seatpost, now tried EVERYTHING apart from destructive technologies :twisted: Have bought new hacksaw blades.

frustration 2 - steerer is too short for SEX ;) Only a bitty, but still too sort. Hmph.

So in disgust I built up the P7 what 'as been sitting in my cellar for a year or so :roll: Its Disgusting - really disgusting - looks like a tranny on speed. Might find it in me to take pics at the weekend :shock:

Can't find my vernier gauge. I've rooted through the shed, tool boxes, study (boxroom crammed with junk) without success.

I can dimly remember using it to poke something recently. But the details keep evading me.

Maybe another beer will bring it into focus. :?

RobMac":1456bl6v said:
frustration 2 - steerer is too short for SEX Only a bitty, but still too sort. Hmph.

What do you need?

longer steerer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

.....for Pace RC36 Evo11 - need 200mm minimum above crown which means steerer needs to be 230mm+

will phone Tim on Monday unless anyone comes to my rescue ;)

Today i vistited a not so local second hand bike store to search through all their seatposts only to find that the size i'm searching was not available...and by the way that was not was they told me on the phone two days before.

Mr Panda":3ey52evr said:
Its Disgusting - really disgusting - looks like a tranny on speed. Might find it in me to take pics at the weekend :shock:

So you've been on Suchiehall Street on a Saturday night too :LOL:

Really could do without the pics, thanks anyhoooo :LOL:

juice":9ej18ctp said:
Today i vistited a not so local second hand bike store to search through all their seatposts only to find that the size i'm searching was not available...and by the way that was not was they told me on the phone two days before.

Thats annoying :x , last weekend i traveled to a bike shop to get a pair of wheels built and the shop was closed, on a Saturday morning :?, going to try again tomorrow but will phone to make sure he is open first :roll:

.......bought another frame so the M2 looks like it's days are numbered :LOL: :LOL:

anyone got an Idea of what the frame and direct drive forks are worth and indeed anyone in macretro land want the old girl? 18 inch 22 inch top tube iirc- mikee?

.....will also be looking for a set of front bounce 1 1/8th forks, happy to swap my 1 inch marzipan ones that are on the bike now- anyone got owt?

Latest posts

Back