And today I did......

Just got back from Whinlatter with the NWA&W boys.

You guys would really love Whinlatter, its as good as GT with some Inners and Drum similarities plus a very good if pricey cafe :D

Look at the NWA&W subforum for the aftermath.

They got a knackered geezer at the top of the south loop to pick the bike of the ride.............I won :shock: He decided it had to be a rigid and as I was the only one without SPD's I got the nod :LOL:

They're all good lads, some hope to be with us for our October meet ;)

good effort velo, my faather-in-laws and optician, should have given you a card to pass on to the judge fella ;) just kidding- off to have a look at the aftermath thread.

Out today for 3 hrs on the CTC stumpie with the wee man on the back and all I can say is someone better be good at the neck and back massages, these old school rigid bikes don't really work with my back theses days :?

It was the Topanga with spesh direct drive forks. All of Whinlatter is rigid possible but you really need to pick a good line and my one crash was on bedrock (comedy slow topple).

First big climb on the north loop is not for the faint of heart. Narrow off camber with extremely steep down slope to your right, get it wrong and you'll tumble a long way. Also one board walk section on the blue route was well over 6 foot above the ground :shock:

put a MACRETRO sticker on my Cinder Cone :LOL:

Built a junkyard Saracen for Panda 4 to throw around the place

Had a barbie :cool:

Went for a ride up Mount Tam. While I was waiting for my friend, I ran into two other friends, who joined us. One of the two, who used to own a bke shop called the Fat Tire Trading Post, was on this Manitou.

manitou.jpg

Getting to the top of Mount Tam was a two hour event, with a few stops along the way. It's quite civilized; you ride up a rough dirt track until you reach the top, whee you can purchase a cold drink or ice cream, then resume your mountain bike ride with a long descent on excellent fire roads.

Attachments

• tam_vista.JPG
    tam_vista.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 111
RobMac, you do realise that Repak Rider is one of the famous founders of our sport, we are not worthy (bows down with reverence) :D

looking out my window its grim,cold,wet,windy amd utterly miserable.typical british august weather really...when i was working at schools before the holiday it was very hot and sunny....now its my holidays its done nothing but rain.....humpf

Repack, One day I'll make it there with a bike. I missed an opportunity when I was in my twenties and I have regretted it ever since, been close a few times with work but had no ability to extend my stay on both occasions.

I keep saying maybe next year but if you have seen "Up!" you know how that can turn out.

Latest posts

Back