And today I did......

kaiser":274yh3gy said:
The Ken":274yh3gy said:
Been working on miniKen's bike today, nearly there, seat and pedals and 1 tyre to buy and a couple of cables to cut to length and that's it.

What travel does that take kaiser? I've been eyeing up a transition trans am at my local shop, looks really tough but feels light to ride, very tempted, steel too.

TK it can take 100 or 125mm, given that its a 29er these are pretty much the biggest forks you can get. Trans am is a lovely looking bike, it was on the hit list till I decided to go 29. The steel vs ally bit is still lingering... at the moment ally is winning simply because theres not too much available in steel though vassago have a new frame coming out too.

Think I am too short for a 29'er and I am warming to the idea of a bit of bounce, might even be tempted with full sus.

TK 29er's aren't really height dependant anymore, its a bit of a myth. if your interested I could bring mines along sometime for you to try. I reckon it would fit you.

Remind me next time you have it with you.

I am considering taking the KHS on the C2C as it has rack mounts, might ride a little small but I'll give it a couple of test runs.

Serviced an indexing Deore thumbshifter as per the Alan Kelly guide (http://www.allankelly.info/servicingthumbies.html) - bloody hell, that's not a five minute job.

I would say that in Orkney terms this probably puts me in the top 1 as far as Shimano thumbie expertise goes.

Is it any better now? A bit, I suppose :evil:

Another time I might just fill up my wife's ultrasonic jewellery cleaner gadget with oil and leave one in there with its top off- I'm sure the net effect would be the same, apart from the subsequent walloping I would get.

You have a ultrasonic cleaner????? :shock:
Its just that Ive got 3 Rotring technical drawing pens I need
cleaned cause I was a lazy $%^&* :oops:
Just wondered if they were salvageable.
Or has anyone closer got access to one?

i happen to have a set of 3 (.35/.5/.70 pens in good condition in a box up for grabs if you are interested ..includes a spare pot of black(2 bottles in total)....i bought them thinking id use them but they have been in my bag for 6 months unused..let me know and i can zap a piccie or 2 your way..

Latest posts

Back