And today I did......

Dr S":xvohe5cs said:
kaiser":xvohe5cs said:
no fat as yet

What Fat?? Did I miss something?

Usual Saturday off. Cut the grass, kids to dancing lesson, lunch, swimming lesson, riding lesson, mucked out horse etc. No time for bike fettling at all.

Then got the best PM ever an hour ago. Greenlight for a new project.

So excited but saying nothing else on the matter. You will have to wait and see it out on the trails in the new year.

Si

you tell me and I'll tell you.

clockworkgazz":7vq5dl93 said:
Tazio":7vq5dl93 said:
mikee":7vq5dl93 said:
mikee":7vq5dl93 said:
Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

Secret Seven all the way then.

JUST BIULD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

I've already got one of those. This one needs to be shiny and nice.

And then I can enjoy making it shabby.

sorry as someone who builds a bike in a day this is rather a long saga
especially with no pics

Sorry if it's annoying you.

It's the first bike I've built from scratch in a long time and I'm enjoying the process. If I had all the parts lying around boxed I'd knock one together in a day as well. And I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper.

I promise the next one will be quicker.

looks good to me and dont listen to mikee he likes gt's and paces :roll:

and cannondales and alplinestars

looking good tazio

get it finished

btw i have a shiny rock lobster under neath my mates caravan in blair atholl

mikee":1s2mrl36 said:
looking good tazio

get it finished

btw i have a shiny rock lobster under neath my mates caravan in blair atholl

Glen Tilt caravan park? Summer holidays every year when I was a kid. Don't worry it'll be finished as soon as I get one more part from CRC. Then the saga will be over :)

Took the 'kerb-hopper' for a spin up to Homebase to get a new washing line this morning. Bloody hell, you can feel every single bump in the road, but it shifts on the slicks and once you're up to speed it seems to coast forever. 42-16 seems not bad around town, but wouldn't want to hit the open road on it.

Today,
I got up early to go for a Sunday morning bike ride. But actually spent all day working.
Now the light is already fading (at 16:30 in August!).
And more work just arrived in my inbox.
FML!

Went out for a 4 1/2 hr bimble on the stumpie comp with my youngest on back co-pilot stylee, great day out at eglington country park and the beach, bike was great and met wheehamx (a local chap that posts up some great routes in ayrshire) on the trails- top fella but did not remember a Mr K from the glory days at hunterston.

Today-I spent cleaning out the bathroom
I have the builders returning to undo all their nice work to start all over again.They will arrive tomorrow morning at 8:30am
Then for Tuesday i have the asbestos people arriving to remove that,then its the builders for a couple of weeks

Oh joy :x
I'd move out only i cant trust them with my stuff,bikes tools etc.Had previous bad experiences with builders that were supposed to be reputable :evil:

Back