And today I did......

mikee":1h3uyakw said:
Tazio":1h3uyakw said:
mikee":1h3uyakw said:
Tazio":1h3uyakw said:
Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

Secret Seven all the way then.

JUST BIULD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

I've already got one of those. This one needs to be shiny and nice.

And then I can enjoy making it shabby.

sorry as someone who builds a bike in a day this is rather a long saga
especially with no pics

Sorry if it's annoying you.

It's the first bike I've built from scratch in a long time and I'm enjoying the process. If I had all the parts lying around boxed I'd knock one together in a day as well. And I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper.

I promise the next one will be quicker.

Attachments

• Bare. No decals.jpg
    Bare. No decals.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Decals added.jpg
    Decals added.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 86
  • head on.jpg
    head on.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 86
you going to rob the deerhead and sugino and put it on the fat? Looks like xt bkakes too non? Take it the fat has yet to land?

Personaly what I have to look out for is that if the
road bike frame it to small I catch ma big feet on
the front wheel when I turn. And I like to stretch
out a bit, so I like a longer top tube/stem.

Tazio":3gb5xxtv said:
mikee":3gb5xxtv said:
mikee":3gb5xxtv said:
Spent the day arguing with myself about sticking with 7 speed or going to 9 and being all modern and trendy. This involved a huge amount of looking at online shops. Got the 9 speed cassette ready to go, put it on the wheel, looked at it for a while.

It all seems a bit too tricksy and narrow for easy set up and maintenance and would mean buying a raft of new bits when I have everything to stick at 7 apart from a £3 spacer so it works on the wheel I want to use. And I might have a spacer the right size anyway.

Secret Seven all the way then.

JUST BIULD A RIDEABLE BIKE ............

I've already got one of those. This one needs to be shiny and nice.

And then I can enjoy making it shabby.

sorry as someone who builds a bike in a day this is rather a long saga
especially with no pics

Sorry if it's annoying you.

It's the first bike I've built from scratch in a long time and I'm enjoying the process. If I had all the parts lying around boxed I'd knock one together in a day as well. And I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper.

I promise the next one will be quicker.

looks good to me and dont listen to mikee he likes gt's and paces :roll:

big.eck":14b3ieun said:
think i'll get a road bike , yi can get tae f**k wi yer lyrca tho......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

anyone know of a cheapo one that'll fit me ? i'll start cheap as i can see the wheels folding on me :twisted: :LOL: :LOL:
Hmmm, would Velo have something in his shed that'd fit ya big fella? How's the knee btw, too much too hope you've been keeping off it?

a never thought of velo zz , i'll pm him cheers ;)

knees still sare and i've been resting it some of the time :twisted: i'm still doing daft things but thats just me :LOL:

RobMac":jwcfmz7t said:
Personaly what I have to look out for is that if the
road bike frame it to small I catch ma big feet on
the front wheel when I turn. And I like to stretch
out a bit, so I like a longer top tube/stem.

I came from riding BMX and never got on with the long stuff, even my mtb was more BMXy when everyone else was long and low. The 54 road bike I do find myself riding the hoods quite alot but it does make the bartops quite a relaxed position. Still you can only go so wee and the Guder might just be borderline, theres nothing worse than trying to make a bike fit and buggerin up the geometry.

kaiser":2w4wwgac said:
no fat as yet

What Fat?? Did I miss something?

Usual Saturday off. Cut the grass, kids to dancing lesson, lunch, swimming lesson, riding lesson, mucked out horse etc. No time for bike fettling at all.

Then got the best PM ever an hour ago. Greenlight for a new project.

So excited but saying nothing else on the matter. You will have to wait and see it out on the trails in the new year.

Si

Back