And today I did......

Re SAB,,,They do ride really well Kaiser. Brilliant tool for rougher Trail Centres. I think you will be smitten with it once you try it.

Indulging in a final buying frenzy and slowly but surely adding bits to one bike. While at the same time pulling bits off another.

I reckon I'll have something roadworthy by the end of the day and something off roadworthy by the weekend.

And I bought a cheapo black stem until I find a red one and I'm liking the look of it on the frame, which is a bit disappointing as I had convinced myself red was the future.

Dr S":3fdeanky said:
Re SAB,,,They do ride really well Kaiser. Brilliant tool for rougher Trail Centres. I think you will be smitten with it once you try it.

I know, I should have followed gaz's get it and build it quick rule, maybe push the boat out and get it done.

clockworkgazz":31kvqid6 said:
zigzag":31kvqid6 said:
Drop-hopper finished...

kind of cool do you have a full body pic- you bringing it to pollok ;)
No piccies, too dark outside by the time I'd finished, needs a wash too. Road only... in honour of its owner's scalp, it's running slick 1.35 Schwalbe Kojaks :D

And I've just discovered I have a stuck fast crankset :evil:

Thoroughly wedged and will need huge amounts of force to get it off. Which means stripping the bike completely and taking it into work as I have bigger nastier tools there.

I'm now dreading getting the bottom bracket and headset off. Think that may be a job for the LBS.

clockworkgazz":3ld873da said:
yeah got to keep the momentum up.

Buy, build, ride and then sell 2 weeks later repeat till death or sequistration :LOL:

Buy, build, ride and then stick in the shed till later repeat till death or sequistration :LOL:

tho i havent done the sequinned bit yet

Just applied my first ever set of decals!! A wee but nervous but I got there in the end. I think they're straight but it's hard to tell as they don't really have a straight line at the bottom as such.

I think more than anything it's made the bike look like it will be ready soon.

When I bought the frame off Robmac I meant to just chuck some bits on and make it an every day work bike but as it was a nice light frame and a good paint job it has turned into a "real bike" with time.

Attachments

• decals added.jpg
    decals added.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 92
Just built up miniKen's new bmx - A Stolen Score - full chrmo, doublewall rims, silly small gearing and a seat like a razor blade.

Need to make up the time though as I did it all sitting at my desk :)

Back