And today I did......

Gazz the next race is up at Laggan on the 29th Aug Round 6 of 7.

"I get the feeling a lot of racing is enjoyed after the event if that makes sense." Yeh it does make sense and your right ;)

Drop-hopper finished...

dsc3053.jpg

No patience for this bar tape nonsense. Oh well...

RobMac":l471h5x4 said:
Well I completed it, Jesus it was warm not a beath of wind :oops:
All rideable, bone dry, one rectum movin down hill bit :shock:
I was hyper ventalating on the first lap (nerves) 3 in total for us
old guys. Im into the technical stuff I think even on a hard tail, Ive
had a good long break from MTB racing and their all kean on the full
susy stuff now (poofs). The race started at 11.00am and I was in my car on my way home by 1.30pm, I didnt wait around for results as my arse
was oot the windy. Did I enjoy it, yes at the time probably no, would I
do it again yes :)
I'll get some results ASAP but some bugger will beat me to it aaagh Mr P ;)

Later dudes

"I'll get some results ASAP" I was sh#te lets not dwell on it :(
Lets see if I can do better at Laggan :?

Love the 'Chaser' a drop barred mtb based racer. It'll no beat the roadies, alway trailing behind but great urban speed machine.

Good one ZZ ;)

Still recovering from a week of food poisoning and the BDW but probably out on the bike again tonight.
Made a start on my new project with the aim of having it ready for Glentress. Just scored a lovely NOS wheelset, Araya RM17 on M730 XT hubs. Also found a complete NOS M730 groupset to go on it. All I need to find is a mint 600EX headset and i have everything to restore it to its former glory.

Nice to get the buzz back for building bikes again. Already planning my next shot. Something really special that will blow everyone away! :?: :?: ;)

mikee":1vmdecaa said:
this the blue one si?

Yes I'm building the blue Mt Tam for Glentress. The other one is on the drawing board and will be ready next spring I guess.

Si

2 bike builds in progress at the same time plus miniKen's new bmx to build when it arrives from crc.

miniKen's MTB is turning into a monster - I'm really happy with the look but no pics til it is finished - it is not retro but that suits him.

I'm finally getting round to my cull, the muddy fox will be getting stripped to singlespeed the Wicked and the KHS will be getting stripped to furnish the new FAT. SAB and Dekerf are winter projects. I'm actually losing the notion of the SAB :( but I should at least build it and have a go.

Back