And today I did......

Needs black rollers on the chain device big fella, but apart from that I rather like.

Probably asked you this before, but how you doing the front brakes? A 'T' to split the hydraulics?

zigzag":2x7xo5ra said:
Needs black rollers on the chain device big fella, but apart from that I rather like.

Probably asked you this before, but how you doing the front brakes? A 'T' to split the hydraulics?

i'll look into black rollers :D i just used what i had lying around :oops: and yes , a simple t-peice is all the front needs :D

i'm looking for another dh8 frame :oops: i really miss my old one :roll:

what do you think of the amberwall

yoside.jpg

yofront.jpg

or is blackwall better?

yodrum2-1.jpg

Black, amberwall is in fact beige which was only ever fashionable in the 70's, never could understand why 'amberwall' was considered cool :roll:

Today did 70-80 miles on the scoot around the twisty back roads purely for fun. However the rear shocks are now proper seized which gave a harsh ride :( Good news is I have some lightly used rear shocks to replace them but the bad news is Yamaha designed a really stupid place to attach them which requires the virtual dismantling of the rear of the bike just to get access to :evil:

Onwards and downwards :roll:

In response to the Mustang thread and the venom against cheap bikes I have just got a Townsend frame similar to my first ever mtb of 94 for £1.04 plus P&P. Plan to build as an SS to keep the not inconsiderable weight to a minimum, I did this to my original Townsend over 10 years ago :roll:

velomaniac":16n2nqxf said:
In response to the Mustang thread and the venom against cheap bikes I have just got a Townsend frame similar to my first ever mtb of 94 for £1.04 plus P&P. Plan to build as an SS to keep the not inconsiderable weight to a minimum, I did this to my original Townsend over 10 years ago :roll:

Great :) , dare you to start a thread for it in the readers bikes section :LOL:

Back