And today I did......

My upstairs neighbour has just brought home the Yamaha TRX 850 (I think thats right, twin cyclinder trellis framed poor mans duke) that he's been customising. Its stripped down minimalist now in the street fighter look, its very cool and its making me itchy about getting a proper geared bike again :roll:

I keep finding myself either wanting a Yamaha SDR200, a grey imported madass 2 stroke single from the 80's Jap home market or a Yamaha FZ600 the aircooled XJ600 motored stopgap they came up with before the FZR made its debut. I love 80's Jap bikes but I was a teenager then and into motorbikes not mtb's. Sensible head though says a Suzuki GS500 is more my thing of which there are thousands to choose from :roll:

Cash shortages though mean the Status Quo continues for a while longer :(

I've found myself checking ebay recently for Honda Hawks/Bros. Lovely things, but it's not like I need a bike and I haven't ridden for 12 years now :oops:

If it were me I'd be looking at an SV600 rather than a GS500, and talking of the TRX850, I seem to remember Honda making a big twin during the late 90's, can't mind the name though... Always thought that was the best looking of the Jap Ducati 916 rivals.

Honda Hawk/Bros, were they not dullsvilles with chain drive :LOL:

Also just spotted some mint BMW K1's, my impossible dream bike of 1988 :D

velomaniac":1x71jg6i said:
Honda Hawk/Bros, were they not dullsvilles with chain drive :LOL:
Absolutely, and as a former Revere owner I resemble that remark. Significantly lighter though thanks to ditching the shaft.

Velo - when cash permits think about a GPZ500s - liquid cooled twin and big enough frame wise. Also has excellent spares and tech backup through the 900R owners club :D

Z650 is in Liverpool area - 900R OC member seelling it.

Triton Cafe Racer for me when funds and garage space become available. I need to fix up the Jensen and find a new home for it first so its looking like next summer rather than this.

Forgot about GPZ500's, very versatile engine seen in a Supermotard and a cruiser. Also seen in naked ER-5 which I like a bit more than the GPZ but great bike nonetheless, good effort Mr P ;)

today people i got my first tatoo :D :D :D :D :D :D

it's a big rip in my arm with skin rolled back and a saltire under the skin :D

pic's tomorrow :D

Back