And today I did......

Received my Marzocchi Z3 bomber forks today in a rather obviously wrapped parcel, hmmm I wonder what the contents of that parcel are :?

They look cool and retro with their canti mounts and bolted steerer but in my ME caused enfeebled state they feel heavy :?

Question, are Z3's Oil or Elastomer damped as they are definitely not air sprung :roll:

probably oil m8
think most marzochi's are
the zokes range was their elastomer stuff

they wont be light forks by any stretch of the imagination ,but generally
they work well and keep on working

A day of results on ebay: a 1 inch fred salmon stem, a more modern kore stem and a set of 1 inch rond/magura suspension forks. The new sunn is coming together quicker than I planned...

Rumble":2jgfxyjw said:
A day of results on ebay: a 1 inch fred salmon stem, a more modern kore stem and a set of 1 inch rond/magura suspension forks. The new sunn is coming together quicker than I planned...

oooo the ronds sound a good fit :cool:

rond were bought up by WP (white power) a big concern on the continent
KTM now own wp
they still do suspension

I'd always thought that magura bought rond as a way into the fork market? Had some rond quakes in about 2000 and thought it happened a year or two after that.

Collected my Gumtree bargain.

Another piece in the jigsaw.

Bontrager Superstock wheelset and XTR V Brakes and levers.

All for the princely sum of £75. And from a very nice chap that had looked after them with loving care.

Today I received the Pantera frame and relief its my size :cool:

Period build will be Shimano Exage when I get enough bits together as both the chainset and U-brake are Exage.

This bike though is seriously overbuilt, gussets galore, I'm expecting a very flex free ride so Marzocchi Bombers will go on it if they fit and fat tyres !

Also although Mikee has put first dibs on it if I dont like it, I'd reckon this is a very Big Eck kinda bike. We shall see ;)

Back