And today I did......

Don't listen to the resident aesthete velo... Let the big cat out to play!

trimbletigerstripe_201.jpg

Actually, black fork and black stem spattered to go with the decals?

Think I'd better ban myself from ebay as I've just snaffled some Marzocchi Bombers with a cantihangered brake bridge which will hopefully go on the Pantera :roll:

velomaniac":p4549gk0 said:
Think I'd better ban myself from ebay as I've just snaffled some Marzocchi Bombers with a cantihangered brake bridge which will hopefully go on the Pantera :roll:

are they black ? think i seen them :D

Dark metallic grey, red ano dials. Anyone give me basic spec on early to mid 90's bombers such as amount of travel etc :?:

velomaniac":1bi7hzsy said:
Dark metallic grey, red ano dials. Anyone give me basic spec on early to mid 90's bombers such as amount of travel etc :?:

give me a picture and i'll tell you ;)

velomaniac":21gl4vty said:

Red dials, on the crown ?, Bombers were'nt around early to mid 90's, earliest Bomber would be 96 i think,do they have a seperate bolt on brace and disc mounting tabs on both legs ?, if so they are Z1's, will be coil spring and oil damped, cracking forks, very plush, dead easy to strip and service too should they need it.

OK it seems likely they're late 90's these forks as it has a bonded fork crown and they're Z3's. Might not go on Pantera if too long travel but would work with Trek Y3.
Mind you if they are late 90's that does not explain the cantihanger built into the bridge as after 96/97 V-brakes were becoming the accepted norm :?
They look similar to Marzocchi's Zokes forks before they became a sub brand in their own right.
Anyway they look period so will be fine :D

fit the rigids that were on your D/B ,should be 1 1/8"

o/s bar stem build the rest period ish

Dont have rigids for the Topanga though Eck mentioned he may have found them but do have 2 sets of rigids that will fit, one with disc mounts.
Based on Enids super rigid Dale I'm not sure I want a rigid alloy framed bike as my Trek 8500 and former Alpinestars were only bareable with fat tyres set at lowish psi. I'm a prime candidate for back pain so intentionally riding a bike that could give me said pain seems unreasonable. However if the Pantera has enough clearance for my conti 2.4's then I could go the rigid route.
What was the equivalent to what is LX/Deore now for back then circa 92, I'd prefer a mid level component build as that sits better with my budget ;)
Will try to stay Shimano and one groupset for a change and stay clear of my favourite Suntour stuff or mix and match habits :roll:
As for stem, I prefer AHeadset these days and thus at the expense of authenticity will steer clear of threaded unless I source an Impact headset.

ARRRRGGGG

Amend last statement about groupo, apparently according to one of Retrobikes experts its Suntour for originality. Back to raking through parts bins :LOL:

Also frame pretty much the same as Zaskar of that period :shock:

Back