And today I did......

Dahon may need a hidden headset, the trouble I had getting one for my Dahon Matrix that did not cost lots :roll:

They're good bikes, surprisingly light and strong, well thought out folders ;)

As for the Pantera, I have a feeling I'll like it :roll:, not read a bad revue of it. I've heard that the Pantera name was dropped by GT because it meant something obscene in a foreign languagei :LOL:

I bought a headset with the frame, £12. It seems to be a press-fit, hidden headset differing from the just-sits-there integrated headset on my Ribble road bike- is this a semi-integrated headset then? It also seems to have about four more parts in it than I can guess a function for...

velomaniac":3sr75cen said:
Despite saying I was not going to buy anymore frames and despite the fact I dislike alloy GT triple triangle frames on sight I just bought this :oops:

4759636013_260216f622.jpg

It was all Mikee's constant wheedling that did it, hopefully I'll really hate it or my diet will become a see hat and eat it kind :roll:

a very nearly put a bid on that tae :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

velomaniac":2feo70wg said:
Despite saying I was not going to buy anymore frames and despite the fact I dislike alloy GT triple triangle frames on sight I just bought this :oops:

It was all Mikee's constant wheedling that did it, hopefully I'll really hate it or my diet will become a see hat and eat it kind :roll:

At least you cant slag off my "coke can" bikes when you have one yourself :LOL:

Seriously, looks ace :cool: , hope you like it ;)

Needs a camo paintjob though :LOL:

jimihendrix":23befe37 said:
velomaniac":23befe37 said:

At least you cant slag off my "coke can" bikes when you have one yourself :LOL:

Seriously, looks ace :cool: , hope you like it ;)

Needs a camo paintjob though :LOL:
Variation on camo - tiger skin it! nice thin and long bits of sponge and some black paint - Fits in well with the heavy metal band name too. Tony the tiger decals to finish. It'd be GRRR-EEEE-AAAAAA-TTTTT.

Based on MacRetro experience with alloy bikes, a strip down and polish should reveal the catastrophic crack lurking beneath the paint :LOL:

Personally I'll keep it as is, maybe give it a wee wax polish but thats it, I like patina :cool:

Anyhoo is a Pantera good, I'm not up on GT heirarchy, I gather its from 92 and the fact its alloy from back then suggests its reasonable :?

Ultimately I'll decide my build plans when it arrives and I can see it in the flesh. ;)

Yes keep as is and yes good :) cool and kinda rare :cool: for once though try a cohesive or semi period build though, disnae need to be high end either, mountain LX or DX (DX would be cool). What size is the headtube?

Oi my White Lightnin' is semi cohesive in build, it was supposed to be suntour and it is Suntour, X1 front and rear mech and XC combined shifter brakes. I will possibly fit suntour brakes and sugino cranks but its close already.

Anyhoo the Pantera will get what fits until whats best turns up. DX aint cheap you know or plentiful. Also I bought it purely to rest the is a GT as good as they say demons. Also it was bright orange/garish and cheap which tick my boxes.

Kaiser, you stick to tarting up bikes beyond factory spec and I'll just stick to rescuing them from dusty sheds and riding them :D

Back