And today I did......

:) Totally understand Gaz, I'm only ever there with my kids, and always with a bike.... so I can escape the police more quickly.

Well chaps you missed a fine day oot at the St Andrews Bike Run on Saturday, though the 20 knot easterly made the last miles a bit gruelling.

Sun shone all day, between clouds, and a good pace was maintained, to the extent that we had to wait for the Balgedie Toll Tavern to start serving food, before refuelling. Arrived St Andrews at half three having left Edinburgh at 9.

Four and three quarter hours pedalling to cover the 68 miles, suggesting a 14.3mph average which I was happy enough with given the face wind, but then again I was on the road bike.

I'd intended to use Tufftrax 2, but the brakeblocks had the friction properties of year old parmesan (i.e. diamond like hardness), which I deemed unsafe for jousting with 1000 other cyclists on Queensferry Road as buses slashed past.

Here's a cameraphone panorama, with my mate Peter's Orange Evo O2 in the foreground and my Ribble behind it. Sadly the stunningly fit (in every sense of the word) blonde in the background is in low res.

4725129820_26200d5bf2_b.jpg

That's not sexist, it's empowering.

Therealkw15 I passed loads of you guys on the north side of Loch Leven
not one sod waved back and I was the only person you would have seen going the other way :x

RobMac":3hq72la3 said:
not one sod waved back and I was the only person you would have seen going the other way :x

you must of had that grumpy look on :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

RobMac":1q39liat said:

There's a perfectly logical reason for that, which is the suspicion that anyone coming the other way with a serious cyclist look on might actually have been to St Andrews and be on the way back, and thus taking the piss. However as a sociable chap I would have foregone dignity and waved back to anyone.

Lovely weather,must get out on road bike says I, visits shed and drags out falcon, its rust orange with lots of seized bits, oh poo says I, bloody winter, bit of a rebuild now planned, nothing drastic but an upgrade to skinny 700c wheels and tyres on the cards.

I'm going to circuit Arran on the roadbike before this summer is out ;)

cleaned the xizang tonight! changed the chain and scrubbed the derailers to make the bike feel a lot smoother. yes that is its first clean since 10 under the ben!

Starting to like the road bike, and whilst eating my words I am also starting to like cleats - I put on the time pedals cut the cleat back so it is really easy to get out, slight knee twinges but not too bad.

You might see me with spuds on the gt yet.

Back