And today I did......

A belated entry to this thread - not so much what I did today as what I've built over the past 6 months! Been crazy busy with work so not much posting here but still found time to build (and ride) both of these...

DSC00216.jpg

Sunn Xircuit Un, built off here and ebay, my first retro build and I'm loving it. Climbs like better than any bike I've ever had, and I've now experienced the pleasure of outpacing youths on the downs at Glentress on old technology!

DSC00231.jpg

Club Roost XC4 Enduro - Poor man's santa cruz, frame was £50 off ebay and built up with mainly new bits. Liking the way it rides, a good allrounder and my regular trail centre ride now.

Next "project" will be easier, smaller and (hopefully) cheaper - new wheels for the road bike.

Edit: I'll need to take a better picture of the Sunn, with a camera instead of a phone!

took some pictures of my recent builds, stumpy is finished, the dale has a few bits to go- do you think a silver headset would be better?

stumpy2-1.jpg

stumpy-2.jpg

dale2.jpg

dale-3.jpg

dale3.jpg

Nice wee run on the Planet x the night.
My mate Brian had his white Planet x but I was too selfish to take a photo of his bike :LOL:

Anyone guess where we've been ?
Not helped by the cruddy phone photos I suppose :roll:

4707475950_33aba07ac4_b.jpg

4706835979_8dc914dcea_b.jpg

Up the Ochils! Dumyat?

Gazz, you need to get Gil to make you up some 'Cannongate' decals, damn that looks huge. Stumpy is looking well swish, most inspirational.

50 miler on the road bike today and hoping to head down to the Drum tomorrow afternoon.

Dumyat indeed :)

Well done that man !

Class wee run but I pushed most of the way up :oops: but really did fly down the way :)

Mr P - stunning bike you lucky sod.

Rumble got better pics of the Sunn, it looks quite a nice frame in it's blurry glory.

Gaz, that's lovely but the head tube is longer than my seat tube!

8690q, nice pics, doesn't dumyat have a road most of the way to the top?
I used to go hill walking in the ochils when I was a lad, brought up in Saline and got my first summer job in Dollar on a little farm.

Kaiser - photo's of stuff for you in trading post, do you not fancy this...

http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/The ... hlon/1046/

Under the foreboding shadow of Ben Nevis, our intrepid athletes will endure a 1.9km loch swim in the icy waters of Loch Linnhe, a 90km mountain bike ride and a 21km run up, and then back down the slopes of Ben Nevis.

Is it just me or does Gaz's Dale look proportionally all wrong. The chainstays slope downward from the BB to the rear hub, the forks look too skinny, the heatubes too long :?

Sorry Gaz, i'm sure its a fantastic bike it just does not work for me :roll:

EDIT: Dave DH has patiently told me its a Beast of the East and its supposed to look like that, an early trials bike attempt. Also he thinks its well smart, its ugliness is part of its charm. He agrees though that fatter forks would look better.

I stand corrected :oops:

no velo you are correct, tis a weird looking machine and dave is correct it is an early beast of the east incarnation, it looks a bit more balanced in person but the wee back wheel and huge head tube are all wrong and indeed the forks don't look chunky enough- it is ugly in a beautiful way it really floats my boat and rides pretty smooth with a very nippy turn of speed. Give you a shot on sunday see if you can muster some love?

Back