And today I did......

Back working today after a sublime 2 weeks away on a National Trust for Scotland cruise to above the Arctic Circle and down the coast (and in the fjords) of Norway, the motherland for all us good Orcadians. Why go south for holidays when you could go north?

I resisted the yearning to claim asylum and instead borrowed one of the ship's bikes and set off to visit the Saltstraumen maelstrom 20 miles out of Bodo, and Torghatten near Bronnoysond amongst other natural wonders. My wife was a guest lecturer and I was working as a volunteer in case you make the incorrect assumption that we are a) minted and b) retired.

Torghatten is great. It's a mountain with a BFO (that's Big F-Off, acronym fans) 50m square hole all the way through it, that you can climb up to, and down into- look:

4679853227_3bd3a6f180_b.jpg

The bikes were OK, 7005 aluminium jobs with 24 speed gears and XT mechs and Deore Rapidfire shifters. Also a low-end Kona and a GT.

The following picture embodies the liner/mountains/bike/great weather story of the cruise.

4679853239_6c24c0cdee_b.jpg

Back on the roads on Orkney now, and down in Scotlandshire for the St Andrews Bike Run on the 19th, and potentially at a loose end on the 20th if there is anything going dahn. Rob- you on for the St Andrews?

looks amazing thanks for sharing- what does your fair lady lecture?

I would be up for a run but might need to be west coast as I will be working on the Sat so can't commit much time on the Sunday :(

Today I came home*

Nice to be back.

*Actually in a bolthole on the south Devon coast so not actually at home

Out on the road bike up one of my favourite climbs, glorious night it was too. Decided to come back down it rather than the loop I normally do, it was great but not as good as the climb :eek: Managed to big ring it all the way home too :)

therealkw15

so it was actually a jollie then ?

top work fella

today i bought an rts frame and some other stuff

ohhh lordy

did 12 miles with the dogs this evening ,they're knackered but happy
me i feel good

Got the sugino chainset from the USA tonight so dale is ready to be finished. And apart from a headset and zoom stem ( looks like I have them both now), will have all the necessary bits for the m2 to come together happy days.

No riding tonight bit oily fingers from tinkering :D

it's like seeing double , twice :shock:

IMG_0179.jpg

i got fed up waiting for them stupid adaptors so i drilled the mounts out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

now it's running 165mm hope discs and is bloody leathal :twisted:

IMG_0180.jpg

looks cool eh ? :LOL:

Back