And today I did......

Re:

I have a vaude 2 man external pole jobby that pitches in one and has room for me at 6’3” 18st plus all my kit inc full size bag ott alpkit mat and panniers etc. Used on 29er and this.

Attachments

• 0D463815-0F26-472F-A0BA-A695BE6423FE.jpeg
    0D463815-0F26-472F-A0BA-A695BE6423FE.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,789
I'll stick to my Terra Nova Jupiter bivvi tent, three ply vortex,never let me down. Tiny admittedly but long enough for my 2 metre form and as long as I travel light with air mattress and 2 season bag it's very compact. Went cycle touring around Arran on a Brompton with that.

I thought about 2 man,more space and some of them are lighter than the one ive bought. But for the life of me couldnt find any definitive vid for someone 6'3" and im not buying anything without knowing thats ok for length. A few I dsid see had shorter people and there were complaints of the fabric being too close to your face as it needed to slope
I think the snugpack is using length, so you tuck in further and the taller part gives just enough for your pack as pillow. 3m I think :?

Sorry V, Im not impressed with those hooped bin liners :? Way over priced for starters, and nowhere to leave your stuff should it bucket down. I take it comes with its own umbrella ? :LOL: and the worst is it lies against you, and given its scant insulation, thats direct cold, without even a simple airgap.

Re:

Baring in mind I'm a skinny cauld tatty, I've never been cold in the Bivvi tent but if it's cold and wet I tend not to go camping. I'm a Fairweather camper for the most part.

I know what you mean V, its so lightweight and takes up so little room but I just cant get past the floppy :? just like the tent shape, just affords more protection, but i dunno feels like your castle :LOL:

Could be having slept out for a number of years :? maybe it affords a sort of implied protection.

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1cp8r658 said:
...if it's cold and wet I tend not to go camping. I'm a Fairweather camper for the most part.

Same here. I just wish the weather would respect that...

Re:

Today I stuck two fingers up to the seized water bottle bolts and spinning Rivnuts on my Cannondale :eek: I made use of the new Dremelley type thing I got, and the rivnut tool, and now have 2 bottle cages on the bike :D

Re: Re:

jimo746":2of6g24d said:
Today I stuck two fingers up to the seized water bottle bolts and spinning Rivnuts on my Cannondale :eek: I made use of the new Dremelley type thing I got, and the rivnut tool, and now have 2 bottle cages on the bike :D

Should have just bought a Camelback.

Back