And today I did......

got some new gear and brake cables.....£130 worth :shock: mental, bargain ebay win

today (well tonight) i built my mates pink :shock: saracen x-tort trials bike up for him then done a little more to the vr1 :D

Went for a last minute ride at 8.35pm from my house to the top of Wideford Hill, which towers like Alpe d'Huez over Kirkwall, in the sense that it is covered with radio masts, but less so in the sense that it is 740 feet high.

Nevertheless I do have to descend to practically sea level before heading up, not like those poofs in the Tour de France.

This was a test run for 5/5/10 to see how long it took to get to the summit, and I was gratified to do the round trip in 40 minutes, about half of which was spent grinding in the granny gear at 3-4mph.

4564334128_dd646c6544_o.jpg

[The taunting menace that is Wideford Hill, route up is from the left of the picture, just off the side]

Now there is no excuse not to do this every day, other than the huge cost in brake blocks coming down.

I went through a set of nearly new blocks ie two pairs Last Weekend :cry:

Today i had a quick blast to another bothy along Loch Arkaig :LOL:

well today i was standing next to an orange ford focus st and really liked the colour so bought some ford electric orange paint and gave the san andreas 4 coats :D :D :D :D :D

clear coat will be on it tomorrow and i'll start the build on sunday or monday :D still need to sort out a shock or a pump for my air shock :roll:

Seem to be on a spend mission this week, got some new shorts today and a pair of Spesh BB-1 dirt drops :cool: also got another pile of retro mags* to flick through.

*mountain bike :roll: :LOL:

I (me) went for my MOT today and passed with flying colours, first thing
the Doc said was "are you a runner" before the examination started.
Im fitter than a man half my ages, take note youngsters :twisted:

Back