And today I did......

Re:

Did similar, explored the minor roads and overgrown paths and tracks of Midlothian. Unfortunately some of the best trails were over run with walkers. But once beyond the bits that attract the tourist, the backend of knowheresville bits were deathly quiet, it was magic :)

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1d5illph said:
Not sure where you get £12 hydraulic rim brakes as mine cost £43. Front brake is basic Shimano hydraulic disc brake although a hope mini and some giant mph lurk In my parts bins.

Oooh, I'm on the lookout for things like that- An MPH right hand lever in good nick and mono mini caliper size 5 would do the job!

And for your project, I have some 2018 Shimano Deore 10speed stuff going spare if that helps your build? Probably shifter, mech and wear matched chain and cassette. Came off the ebike when I suddenly had an 11spd xt drivetrain spare so not had much use. Can drop off in Loanhead as working most days just now..

Re:

Got out and about this afternoon westward from Leith to the Dalmeny estate which basically occupies all the coastal land between Edinburgh and South Queensferry. Weather was good and I got some gravel riding done which was great until I dinged my rear rim. Warning too self 32mm wide tyres on steel rims are not MTB wheels. Will have to tap out the dent later, at least this is possible with super chromix rims :)
Hope everyone else is happy, I only appear happy because the cocktail of antidepressant meds has been changed. I hope it lasts, this happy thing is great :)

velomaniac":uw0cgjno said:
...and I got some gravel riding done which was great until I dinged my rear rim. Warning too self 32mm wide tyres on steel rims are not MTB wheels. Will have to tap out the dent later, at least this is possible with super chromix rims...
In my early days I used to carry a Thor hammer on the bike specifically for that job. Used it more on my mates' alloy rims than my Dunlop steel ones.

I had the same concept of a road ride then as I have now. :)

Re:

Sounds good Velo. Weather here was lovely yesterday too. Got out with family round the golf course. Had a good play with rc car on one of the fairways.
Dying for a solo ride though. All my rides for last 6 weeks have been towing the wee man around in his trailer.

Re:

Social distancing in that would be a fraught experience. You might accidently ride into a group of pygmie tribesmen. Jamie could be mistaken for an albino tribesman !

velomaniac":o1hefysd said:
Social distancing in that would be a fraught experience. You might accidently ride into a group of pygmie tribesmen. Jamie could be mistaken for an albino tribesman !

How dare you sir!

;)

Jamie

Back