And today I did......

Re:

Gave the forks on my hardtail a long overdue 50 hour oil service. Had them 2 years, so way over 50 hours and definitely felt a bit sticky lately. At least the internals were nice and clean and but one side definitely had less oil than the other. Hardest part was getting the legs back on past the wiper seals. Took two goes as I tucked a lip under first time round. Was even a good boy and changed the crush washers as I’d picked up a bumper bag of 50 on eBay for £6. Even the car engine oil I already had spare was the right weight.
Wow, what a difference. It’s that plush I had to add 10psi to the air spring to get the right amount of sag. Looking forward to my next ride.
An hour well spent.

Re:

You know Keith, that thing you do to stop a 6 grand intense turning into even bigger pile of sh!te :)

Re: Re:

RobMac":1kmx08n4 said:
Today I've decided this year I 'WILL' be taking a trip up to the far north and I'll be taking a bike with me.

Yer crossin' the bridge to Dundee then? ;)

Re: Re:

RobMac":3kuvd9va said:
Today I've decided this year I 'WILL' be taking a trip up to the far north and I'll be taking a bike with me.

Sounds like a great plan mate.
Your welcome here anytime and if you want some company on a tour up this way just let me know.
I will be heading over to Orkney once the spring arrives and am trying to organise a few days in Shetland as well at some point, welcome along if you would like. Hopefully Brian will be along as well.

Jamie

Back