And today I did......

Nice find Jimi. Is it a genuine Gartrac shell?

I remember a guy called Alun Edwards running one of those back in the late 80's, early 90's. I think it ran a DFV and 4WD. Car and Car Conversions did a feature on it- took it to Trawscoed and popped some Formula One driver called Ayrton Senna in it. He loved it and they had some trouble getting him back out of it.
Another one I remember well belonged a guy in my local motor club at the time (Malton). It was RWD and had a really nice Hart 240R engine out of F2 car. Absolute flying machine it was but the handling was always a problem. Turned out the shell was badly aligned. He runs a 6R4 now.

Today I became the owner of a 1980's Peugeot touring bike with a 24.5" Reynolds 501 frame and mostly french components, think BB is shimano but thats all :D

I know thats yet another bike but its complete, fully functioning and cost zero pounds and pence as its owner has upgraded to a new Kona via the 'Bike To Work' scheme :cool:

Sorry Mr P but the BSA will now be off to the bike recyclers along with some other stuff.

Looking forward to SSEC as the course appears way less hard than Dalby, lots of woodland single track but with less rocks or steep climbs :cool:

Thats COOL V :D

Im picking up this next weekend, my number of push bikes are approaching the same numbers of motor bikes I have :?

Ive got a serious problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt Mikee will be along any time now to piss on my parade GENERALIZE ;)

Attachments

• DSC07582.jpg
    DSC07582.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 102
Dr S":3pyosf7n said:
Nice find Jimi. Is it a genuine Gartrac shell?

I remember a guy called Alun Edwards running one of those back in the late 80's, early 90's. I think it ran a DFV and 4WD. Car and Car Conversions did a feature on it- took it to Trawscoed and popped some Formula One driver called Ayrton Senna in it. He loved it and they had some trouble getting him back out of it.
Another one I remember well belonged a guy in my local motor club at the time (Malton). It was RWD and had a really nice Hart 240R engine out of F2 car. Absolute flying machine it was but the handling was always a problem. Turned out the shell was badly aligned. He runs a 6R4 now.

No, not a Gartrac built shell, was built from a Gartrac kit in the late 80's onto a new Ford shell, only had three owners, the guy who built it, the other two bought it but did nothing with it, it's been sat around for ten years or so.

The bad allignment thing is a worry :shock: , but this car was apparently very successfull, placed 7th in it's last rally (in Belgium, still has Bastos stickers on it), allways a tarmac car, was running a big power Rover V8, it's seen plenty of action and probably hit a few straw bales but seems strong and straight, cant remember the name of the guy who built and ran it but i'll let you know on Saturday (when it gets here), see if you know him.

Looks like the one in the vid above but is a MK4 shell and has Morrette twin headlights.

Planning on building it with Capri 2.8i running gear (which some had), it can take a five link or leaf springs on the rear, single leafs and shocks would be simpler (and cheaper) but it'd probably be best with the five link and coilovers.

Chastened after yesterdays crappy 14.3mph average, I got the road bike out to shake the pain from my legs. Felt a lot better, and did a brisk fourteen mile round trip at 16mph. Still feeble, but better.

The Charge Fork is still causing me grief though, and I fear there may be an unholy alignment of the seams in my shorts and the seams on the saddle. More horticultural activity followed with four dreels of tatties planted (Wilja and Cara are the varieties, spud fans).

The Tufftrax rebuild continues slowly, and I'm agonised at how much the addition of my trusty bar ends spoil the looks. I'll remove them for the photos! I've reverted to the through tube cable routing for the back brake, and think that it should just about work with V-brakes, although the exit hole is on the wrong side of the main choob.

And can I get a touch up tube of Holts Dupli-Colour in black gloss here? No I can't actually.

Back