And today I did......

:D

4502616386_aa6bc57e32_b.jpg

4501984457_21b30eff3f_b.jpg

The frames the prize I won at SSUK 2008 at Drumlanrig for having the shonkiest bike in the race. Unfortunately it was too small for me and the race organisers said it was a gift and I couldn't sell it or they'd hound me to my grave. So in the spirit of Karma I passed it on to Kaiser who owes me in Karma points, win win situation :D

Yeah that is pretty,

Im starting to appreciate the looks of singlespeeds, butnot the practicality for me :roll:

Sitting waiting on the Virgin repair man coming to fix my cable tv & phoneline :evil:

G

Wow that looks the baws. Hows it ride??

And Velo, you are an absolute fooking gent, a great credit to MacRetro and beyond. What a great gesture!!

velomaniac":3dmymwba said:
The frames the prize I won at SSUK 2008 at Drumlanrig for having the shonkiest bike in the race. Unfortunately it was too small for me and the race organisers said it was a gift and I couldn't sell it or they'd hound me to my grave. So in the spirit of Karma I passed it on to Kaiser who owes me in Karma points, win win situation :D

do you approve of the finished item then? the cost thing was down to the 29er components, no ebay bargains to be had. I also could have done it cheaper but there was no point in compromising too much. And even though I said it was expensive, it relatively wasn't compared to summat new say but still dear for a rigid singlespeed. The wheels were probably over £200 and the forks were £70-80 ish IIRC, brakes were £90 ish and the finishing kit probaly came in over a ton too.

Enid_Puceflange":39k3oyfs said:
Yeah that is pretty,

Im starting to appreciate the looks of singlespeeds, butnot the practicality for me :roll:

Sitting waiting on the Virgin repair man coming to fix my cable tv & phoneline :evil:

G

Go for it, nice dale singlespeed is the way to go :)

Another cracker from the big ring meister! For some reason I thought it was green, not blue. What are the bars? On one fleegles? Need to let me know how those grips work out too. Even the combo brake/shifter units look alright :cool: Did you ever figure out how to cut the braided hose?

Back