And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":xfr6ec4v said:
80deg.f here in sunny Leven today so shorts on and no wind/rain jacket then a very short trundle to the beach for a large ice cream :D

Sounds like great weather and BBC news said there was more chance of snow at Easter than Christmas :LOL: !

Re:

Had another wee run roond Blairadam this afternoon, this time with my wife and youngest daughter. My wife finally plucked up the courage to do the Bombhole :shock: , then she went back and did it again :cool: . Did a tiny wee bit of trail maintenance, just chucked some boulders/stones in a wet bit, need to get in there this week with a wheelbarrow to move some hardcore down to the exit of East Boundary trail up from Triangle. The drainage I put in has stood up OK to the last 3 weeks or so of riding so just the muddy bits to fill in/armour.

after a WEEK of decorating, I'm actually glad to be back at work

got a doing yesterday on the club run

legs like lead on my commute today

You'll be fine Graham ;)
Your lead legs would give the rest of us a doing anyday :)
But, yeah, decorating sucks, a bad ride is still a good ride compared to decorating.

Jamie

Re:

Should have put this bit in yesterday but here goes:-

Signed up for SSUK15 in Yorkshire in September. Signed up in the Old School 26er, rim brake sub category and the Beard sub category. :LOL:

This year I might revisit the attempt at Shonkiest bike I won at Drumlanrig in the dim and distant past.

Have not entered an SS race since 2011 Belgium SSEC and after that swore I would not do it again. I swear never to race again after every SS race so what does that tell you :facepalm:

Epicyclo is signed up aswell, anyone else ?

This may make an appearance. But nothing as modern as those new fangled rim brakes. Coaster rear, drum front.

Velo may recognise the fork....

But if its handling is too, shall we say, awesome, I'll be on my 1x1. :)

Re:

Today I added yet another frame to my collection :facepalm:

I now have a rather splendid Proflex Animal frame in Red and Blue with Yellow decals circa 1996 or 97. It has a coil shock, original equipment it seems so no dodgy elastomer stacks. Its meant to have a Girvin Chubby triple clamp fork but they were rubbish aparently so I'll not chase one of those and just fit a Manitou Six fork which I know works fine.

Seems to have been a burly DH/Freeride bike of its day so should cope easily with trail centres etc. :cool:

Re:

Brian, do not use a coaster brake off road unless you are a mtb god. Your standing on the pedals to brake, you hit a bump, your feet shift, your not braking anymore !!!!!
Also you need to remember which foot is on the rear position pedal as thats the one that will operate the brake, seems easy on paper but rattling down a twisty rough track you can forget and again you have no rear brake.
Jimi Hendrix on here and I both know that coaster brakes off road are a sphincter clenching terror :shock:
Plus point is awsome rear wheel locking and great skids but thats best kept to tarmac ;)

Back