And today I did......

Re:

Did an hour and a half rugby training (just touch rugby) with the guys going on tour to Germany at end of May. Nearly cracked and said I'd go but managed to resist them all saying how much I'd miss it. Pint of Guinness then home, cup of tea and oot on bike into Blairadam for a couple of hours. Am fecked. And Blairadam is way wetter/muddier than I expected.

Re:

Last day at nethy bridge, did the ryovan pass loop 40km of forest track, stunning views and some tough climbs and sketchy descents.

Then went round some trails wi Shona who did her 1st 10k run after injury so well chuffed but knackered.

Thinking might be an option for the summer epic followed by a burl round the new red trail at glen livet.

Re: Re:

RobMac":1bl9zbu3 said:
old_coyote_pedaller":1bl9zbu3 said:
And Blairadam is way wetter/muddier than I expected.

Is that wet'n'muddy by your standards yah mincer? :mrgreen:

I have no standards. None. At all. :mrgreen:

The trails that were dryish a month or so ago are a bit soggy and the usual wet bits are a bit of a mess.

Back at Pitmedden for the first time in about a year. Appropriately for Easter it felt like a bit of a new beginning. First time I'd packed up the car to go riding since last summer and first time back on the Mojo since it tried to kill me. Thought it had survived the crash with no damage, but as I slid it into the boot I noticed a big crack on the shell of the saddle. Admittedly it makes a change from the big crack usually sitting on it but I went back to the garage and stole the saddle of my fat bike. May have lasted another wee while but not wanting to risk a slashing from an errant saddle rail.
Pitmedden was riding a bit mixed. Settled down a lot since the last time Rob and I were there, but still muddy in the usual places. Other parts were dry and fast. A lot of the old trails have still to be uncovered after the forestry work and the loggers have moved onto the area as you come into the main forest from the Clink. Don't know if the up and over trail with Rob's drop will survive. Had read a lot of scaremongering on trail Scotland about the aftermath of the recent race but in reality although some bits are pretty cut up, it's no worse than it usually is after winter. On the plus side the trail fairies have been in with chainsaws and opened quite a few parts of deadfall.
Took a bit of getting used to the big bike again after 3 months of pretty much road only but am finding my confidence again. Still wary of wet muddy roots and had a few ring twitching moments as my front wheel slid about. Shoulder feeling pretty much ok, but still don't want to fall on it yet.
Gorgeous day here as well, finally got to wear the new shorts and top I bought in Whistler!

Sounds like a great day out, especially if the mojo is coming back.
I'm sure it wont take much for you to get the confidence back.

Jamie

Nice -ish day down here in the flat lands.

Managed to fix the shed roof without falling off

Managed to fix the leaky guttering without falling down

Managed to almost finish re-decorating the sitting room without killing the other half.

Glorious day in County Durham, temperatures sky high and lots of sun so go the chance to:
Do some gardening.
Clean the windows.
Take photos the Yates.
Relax :) .

You know what they say, The man who invented f*cking wants decorating, and the man who invented decorating...

Been to the slaughters.

Re:

80deg.f here in sunny Leven today so shorts on and no wind/rain jacket then a very short trundle to the beach for a large ice cream :D

Back