And today I did......

I agree Dyna, that Marin of Tacks is such a transformation from the how it looked at the start. The paint looks great. Are you going to re-decal it Tack?

Jamie

Re:

Thanks Dyna-ti and Jamie,
yeah decal are being made by local firm hope to get word soon for fitting.

progress today no pics, gear cables installed, rear brake cable from top tube to noodle shortened a bit as look wrong looks much better now IMHO.

indexing started rear indexed fine, front not just so sweet don't know if the biopace rings have anything to do with it but it wants to jump middle ring on down shift?

may have to look at chain length too as on small gears and granny ring there is huge potential for chain slap.

may use an old inner tube as chainstay protector.

V-brake set up is puzzling me front seem to always want to slant to the right as you look from head on.

they are positioned on middle hole on fork mount may have to experiment a bit

really pleased with how things are moving ahead and chuffed i took to A/L days tues n thurs.

what a difference in 4 days.

seat post should be here in next few days so keep watching........

With the V brakes, try experimenting with the tension screw on the side of the spring. Where it mounts, if that makes sense.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":36cooonn said:
With the V brakes, try experimenting with the tension screw on the side of the spring. Where it mounts, if that makes sense.

Jamie

i did try that but may need to wind all way back and begin again?

tack4":526imle5 said:
Jamiedyer":526imle5 said:

Jamie

i did try that but may need to wind all way back and begin again?
Yes, wind both out but dont let them fall out.
Set the middle or if you want more tension on them put the pin in the top hole,whichj might be your best bet.
Make sure the washers on the pads are the same. Theres a thick and a thin .If they were mixed they would make it look more one sided.

These the alcera or did i see lx ?

Re:

Got a pair of Pro4 SC 700x25 from Wiggle today and put them on the road bike. They get great reviews and Wiggle were selling them for £20.69 last week , now up to £23.95
They blow up big compared to the Fortenza TriComp 700x23 that I had on. The Pro4's measure 3mm wider and a massive 5mm taller so should make for a more comfortable ride over our potholes. They are also lighter.

The proof is in the ride so I'm looking forward to a wee spin .

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/michelin-pro4-s ... road-tyre/

looking to go 25mm big myself next payday, interested to hear how you get on

was planning on schwalbe durano's, basically the cycle paths are far more full of a puncture problem than the roads, had issues with mavic, CST and schwalbe ultimo tyres. schwalbe lugano are bulletproof, but totally lacking in feel (and grip)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-SCHWALBE ... 1525493699?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back