And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":39sio2vt said:
Ave had the carbon assembly compound oot the day, lubing every thing :cool: "A think you know what am saying" ;)

Isn't that the stuff that helps things too small for the hole to grip better?

About to chop up another hope hub :) So i havent actually dont anything yet.

This one is a fatso and apart from some cracks its in minty mint condition.
The cracks are on the ends where is sits against the Ti center but not on the flanges or extending it to them.

I honestly cant see how this is a problem :? Had the flanges been cracked between the spoke holes i could understand cannibalizing it but theyre not and laced, i see it as being possibly just as strong. Spokes are going from both sides in and crossing over each other so i would think the stresses arent on anything,especially not the middle of the hub.

So despite the cracks ill still have to saw through each side and hammer/chisel it off :? The bond is as strong as ever.
And how did cracks like this appear ? Hub is in fantastic condition otherwise including the stubs for the dropouts. It doesnt look like its been used beyond being built up .
Flummoxed .
At least ive fatso internals and bearings for my spares pile now.

Think ill post this in chat also, see what others think :?

Finally talked a family member into getting me this for Xmas :D
http://www.screwfix.com/p/record-power- ... tAod2SYALA

Ive a number of Ti centers and a few decals. My intention now the workshop is about ready i can get the lathe out and have planned some reproductions of the flanges in timber to turn them into salt shakers.
Theres some nice simple designs based on a torus(the center shape it occupies) It means the filling hole and where you 'shake' are the one.

if i get this together(and the project list is monumental) i will of course raffle one off to macretro(only) ;)

Re:

Today I had to get oot, so I followed the coast line north'ish to Elie and back 25 miles approx. I set a good pace fuelled only by a Baynes cheese salad roll and two ice doughnuts (no water) I forgot, plus I don't have a bottle cage on the bike (too many bikes and no enough cages) :? Glorious sunshine, 5deg, fresh/cold westerly wind. BTW that VooDoo is "dialed" man :cool: picks up braw over stuff doesn't hit the ground like a bag 'o' spanners, front/back lifts on command, a think the new rim tapes have made a huge difference and the carbon assem compound anaw :mrgreen:

Back