And today I did......

Is this for the frame or built bike :? Theres the system that supports it by the pedal. Not quite horizontal but close enough :? and there is a pole system that sets up in a corner and supports 2 bikes on the horizontal :?

Im having no luck with my purple and green build. Fitted the lilac CK to the marin then find the amp fork is just a bit too short for safety, swop to the original manitou then remember theres no disc mount :facepalm:
Made an attempt to fit the rear IS disc adaptor but found the frame is such it will impede the mount unless i rotate it till it's near at the back. Means if it does fit ill be making a longer brace for the canti stud and tbh im not liking its position :?

Think ill lose the marin. just not my size and its causing more problems to be solved than expected. Ideal would be a 21" lime green clockwork from 1999 Any one got one ? :LOL:

yeah, looks good in the first instance. the requirement is for modern road and modern mtb, in the spare room which houses two book cases a double bed, two bikes, and my wfh desk which takes some gymnastics to reach, no chance when the ironing board's up!

like the fact this has inline wall fixings, allowing me to fasten to a single stud. was already aware that the santacruz was going to sit kinda funny as a result of the bending top tube & balance may-be an issue.

will need to check the width of the ridley top tube - hadn't thought about that

Re:

Fitted a brand new shock to my daughter's Wolf Ridge tonight.
The Rockshox SID air shock that was on it needed new -ve chamber seals but the seal kit I bought last year didnae feckin fit. :x Won another SID off ebay for £12 and was going to use the good seals in it to rebuild the other one until on taking it apart found the seals inside the damper had gone too, they'd been OK when I first took it apart to fit seal kit :shock: . The frame needs a 185mm i2i shock but they are hard to find, a 190mm just won't fit. That was until I won a brand spanking new X-Fusion O2 185mm i2i air shock, still in original box with various mounting hardware, off 't bay for £41 posted, result.
He'd got it as a replacement from X-Fusion for his '04 Marin but fitted a Fox instead and just chucked the X-Fusion in his shed. :roll:

Re:

Went for a ride round the SXC course at Lochore Meadows (aka The Meedies) this evening before the races tomorrow. Prior to riding it I had wondered how they'd get a course there but they've created a trail that is a welcome addition to the Meedies. More trails to explore/link up.
Hope it disnae rain too much the morra as I want to go watch them since I didn't bother going to the Games XC races.
Harran Hill Woods descent will be interesting to see them hammer down it.
Jeezo, the forecast isnae very braw. :facepalm:

Re:

FM its true! SXC Round 5 Lochore Meadows Country Park :facepalm:

They've got the whole of Scotland to pick from and they pick the Meedies :shock:

Hope they have marshals to keep a eye on the cars and the competitors area.

Windy road ride, some interesting moments on the aero wheels. Not as bad as I'd feared but attention needed when coming out of the shelter of trees etc.

Back