And today I did......

Re: Re:

dyna-ti":385mor2q said:
RobMac":385mor2q said:
A early steel Kona, some body else way'a bitta class ;)

'Tis very nice indeed. Don't know about anyone else but ive always thought black a great colour for thin tubing. :cool:
Just understates it :?

Cheers Guys. Yeh - the black is nice. It's original and has a subtle sparkle in it that doesn't show on the pics - like tiny, tiny pin-prick metalflake. Not at all bling or obvious, but nice. Plenty scabs and scrapes too. But I never understand why anybody repaints these things unless they are truly trashed, I like the patina of an old bike.

Re: Re:

jonthefish":2bqd9czx said:
dyna-ti":2bqd9czx said:
RobMac":2bqd9czx said:
A early steel Kona, some body else way'a bitta class ;)

'Tis very nice indeed. Don't know about anyone else but ive always thought black a great colour for thin tubing. :cool:
Just understates it :?

Cheers Guys. Yeh - the black is nice. It's original and has a subtle sparkle in it that doesn't show on the pics - like tiny, tiny pin-prick metalflake. Not at all bling or obvious, but nice. Plenty scabs and scrapes too. But I never understand why anybody repaints these things unless they are truly trashed, I like the patina of an old bike.

You mean like this.........

:twisted:

Hmmm.....front half of frame looks like mine with similar scabby decals etc and rear looks errr.....orange. With disk tabs. And an extra brace. But no front disc? I'm intrigued. What's the story?

Re:

OK .......................... so were brandishing our Explosif's are we? Heres one of mines but I cant find my '94' pic.

jonthefish":3n72hos7 said:
Hmmm.....front half of frame looks like mine with similar scabby decals etc and rear looks errr.....orange. With disk tabs. And an extra brace. But no front disc? I'm intrigued. What's the story?

Terribly sorry chaps. I thought you knew......

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66179&hilit=explosif

.....and yes It's taken a while, nearly ready now though

:xmas-big-grin:

Ahaa. Look forward to seeing finished job. I have no problem with modifying bikes - it is the respraying to make it look 100% original when the paint is an inherent part of the originality that I don't really get. That and agonising to find rotten overpriced 30 year old tyres for added perfection. Good project.

And I never knew you got Old Speckled Hen in cans. The stuff you can learn here.....

Re:

4 for £4 in Tesco if ye go on the right day.......mind you Morrisons in FW has a more interesting selection :D

Don't ask me how I know this :p

jonthefish":9kg6bzxt said:
And I never knew you got Old Speckled Hen in cans. The stuff you can learn here.....

Pandas our resident connoisseur of fine wines & spirits (read, piss heed) :mrgreen:

Back