And today I did......

Today I went up to Pitmedden, but on the way I popped into see RetroFrank and dropped off some Karma.
Anyway, conditions were much wetter and slipperier than last week end, and you've guessed it I had a 'off' a high speed one 'ouch' there's a fine line between riding on the edge and not being in control and when you cross that line fate takes control :facepalm:

So it was out with the first-aid kit AGAIN and some more stitches (Im getting better at it all the time) field dressing and then ride on, cause am'ard innit :twisted:
A canny show you the rest of the damage because on RB censorship rules, pm me if you want private photos :mrgreen:

'Tis but a scratch.
icon_shysterical.gif

Obviously sympathy doesnt come with age though incompetence does :LOL: It isnt a motorbike rob, bad idea to try to put a knee down cornering offroad :LOL:

Shouldnt laugh :LOL: falling off ones bike is something i never got any good at, i always injure myself :(

Aye, but you said ye widnae tell anybody. :roll:

Right, does anybody want to see the private pics of Rob's gash?
Er, naw, that's no whit Ah meant.
e14505.gif

But those are available too.

Thats a rough day then Rob, hope its better soon.
This afternoon I spent a good while in my local woods on the 1X1.
During the week I had fitted a pair of Surly Dirt Wizard tyres which are 26x 2.75. I fitted them to my Spank rims as they needed to be wider than 35mm to take these tyres and the Spank Stiffy's are 42mm. The beauty with these tyres is more than the width it is the casing size that I was more interested in. They are large volume and once fitted the diameter is 27.5 inches, so effectively 650b sizing off a 26 rim. The width of mine at the widest piont, which is the edge of the side knobs is just over 3 inches. The large volume also allows lower pressures to be run. A 26+ if you will.
Well after dialling them in and reducing and reducing pressure down to around 14/15psi and they worked pretty bloddy well considering it was very wet and quite muddy in places.
The front let go a couple of times but always in spots of deepish mud or thick wet roots, nowhere I wasn't expecting it. Grip wise probably about 8 out of 10 but for absorption of the rough stuff is up near 9 out of 10. This was also where I had last ridden the 1X1 with the Fat Alberts fitted and after solely being on the Pugsley for so long I noticed the need to put a bit more effort in over the rough stuff. It really was noticable on the rough rooted section of singletrack when taken at a decent speed, it went over everything quite composed and never felt rattled, even on a section where it has in the past. I'm more than happy with them and they seem to suite my riding anyway.
The 1X1 feels like it is super light and flies compared to the Pugsley. Its always like this when I get back on it but when I jump back on the Pugsley it never feels heavy, weird.

2.5 Fat Albert - 2.75 Dirt Wizard

Jamie

Back