And today I did......

zigzag":211lh3jp said:
kaiser":211lh3jp said:
zigzag":211lh3jp said:
Started polishing my Avalanche frame.

Gaaaaah, bugger that... am now investigating other less tedious possibilites for disc/front sus/single-speed summer fun.

:LOL: :LOL: don't want to say told you so .......
Aye, aye, smerty breeks! :D You were absolutely right though, should have just got it powdercoated, but was seduced by the idea of a shiny modern frame with throw back '90s GT decals. Will have to put my thinking cap on, getting it powdercoated now just seems like admitting defeat.

Velo - my feeble justification is that I'd like a SS with some front suspension. Any excuse as they say...

If your going to persist, adding as many stages as possible should lighten the load. Go power tool for a start. What were you going to use?

clockworkgazz":3hh86vz6 said:
Agree with you zz the splatter is a great all rounder, today I fitted some magura's on the unibomber and they look the business :cool: need to buy some hose guides....

I got the shimano ones from CRC and they look up to the job :)

ahhh life's hard, you poor soul, making do with the salsa :roll:

should have the dale in a week or two (hand over at the drum I am going to try and make/keep her as a rider but I've been told that if set up the roller cam brakes incorrectly they can pull right thru' :shock: and you know me and brakes :LOL:

kaiser":3lpavile said:
zigzag":3lpavile said:
kaiser":3lpavile said:
zigzag":3lpavile said:
Started polishing my Avalanche frame.

Gaaaaah, bugger that... am now investigating other less tedious possibilites for disc/front sus/single-speed summer fun.

:LOL: :LOL: don't want to say told you so .......
Aye, aye, smerty breeks! :D You were absolutely right though, should have just got it powdercoated, but was seduced by the idea of a shiny modern frame with throw back '90s GT decals. Will have to put my thinking cap on, getting it powdercoated now just seems like admitting defeat.

Velo - my feeble justification is that I'd like a SS with some front suspension. Any excuse as they say...

If your going to persist, adding as many stages as possible should lighten the load. Go power tool for a start. What were you going to use?
I've got the 3 mops (heavy/medium & finish) that you fit on a drill plus couple of bars of polish (brown and blue). It's all well and good (well actually its not really, speed setting on my drill is fecked, can't go slow enough) till you try and get into the areas around the triple triangle... It really needs another going over with some wet and dry before I even try the mops I think.

Shall be falling off the iDrivel tomorrow. Quite looking forward to it, be giving it first proper ride (snow excepted) since I fitted decent forks and a front brake that works.

Gazz - Cannondale? What Cannondale? Do tell, or have I just no been paying attention. BOTW - Beast o the West? ;)

I got the fear about K'Tree as everyone keeps saying you need good brakes and some bounce so...............

In five hours flat from frame to complete bike I rebuilt my Giant Boulder DS with Vee brakes and 14 low gears :D

Admittedly its a crap bike, not really retro but it works and has been tested on the waste ground near me.

I'm not really fit enough for this ride so with the distance, rough terrain and energy sapping full sus I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this :?

Only time will tell ;)

velomaniac":1nzv64b1 said:
I got the fear about K'Tree as everyone keeps saying you need good brakes and some bounce so...............

In five hours flat from frame to complete bike I rebuilt my Giant Boulder DS with Vee brakes and 14 low gears :D

Admittedly its a crap bike, not really retro but it works and has been tested on the waste ground near me.

I'm not really fit enough for this ride so with the distance, rough terrain and energy sapping full sus I'm not sure I'm looking forward to this :?

Only time will tell ;)

you'll be fine, positive mental attitude V :)

WOW thats an improvement, at Inners Kaiser threatened he'd punch me for making him ride up there, good thing he was too knackered :LOL:

Back