And today I did......

:) thanks Gaz, after the cost of the build on this one I have promised the wife only maintenance parts will be bought until the end of the year :( - although miniKens bike escapes that ban :)

mind you, the problem with a machine like that is peoples expectations will be very high- when you trundle up to them on it. part of the appeal of old retro bikes is that if you make it round the trail centre people are amazed and impressed no matter how bad you were- your open to the observation "all the gear and ......." :LOL:

yes I thought that as I passed a commuter at 25-30 on the flat, especially when I turned the corner and hit a hill and promptly fell back to about 7-8 mph.
Need to remember where the shifters are I keep forgetting I have them as they are not obvious.

out for another power hour on the unibomber, about all the training I can get during the week :?

Also got another road-bike e-bay-local-purchase-bargain :roll: Don't know why I do this as thin tires are for JJ's :twisted:

Attachments

• !BnukbSw!2k~$(KGrHqIOKiwEtkck+vuWBLksOOVmUg~~_12.JPG
    !BnukbSw!2k~$(KGrHqIOKiwEtkck+vuWBLksOOVmUg~~_12.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 118
Because you want to go fast thats why :D

If you put flat bars and mtb controls on it you'll be happier and still very quick ;)

thats a pos. velo, however it's more the tnin tires and more robust ride that i've always struggled with- will try it on the commute and see if I can get my head round it.

Cheapo amberwalls are still common in road bikes plus loads of older tyres still about.

Check the clearances as older bikes often can fit wider tyres than modern bikes. You might find 28mm more robust and yet still fast if you can get them in or even 32mm ;)

Fit some dual pivot caliper brakes if its not got them already and you'll have good brakes :D

Back