Found in my local classifieds...

And I don't know how to define this bike. 80's mtb? time-trial bike? one of those tricks bikes so popular in Germany? According to the seller, he got it as a marketing gift from a matress company... Brand Schlaraffia, selling for €125

Schlaraffia.jpg

Another interesting one. A Hercules Arizona, an 80s mtb with a Sachs fork (very similar to early Manitous) and very early disk brakes. Going for €170. Sachs was the German manufacturer producing mostly gear hubs and some derailleurs. It was bought by SRAM.

Sachs1.jpg Sachs2.jpg Sachs3.jpg

Last edited:
Another interesting one. A Hercules Arizona, an 80s mtb with a Sachs fork (very similar to early Manitous) and very early disk brakes. Going for €170. Sachs was the German manufacturer producing mostly gear hubs and some derailleurs. It was bought by SRAM.

View attachment 887268View attachment 887269View attachment 887270
nice and rare find.
Some later Hercules "Alabamha", Hardtails with Sachs Disc show up quite often, this one rather not...

Yours should be roughly 1994-95.
The Sachs Power disc brake was introduced in 94, but most users not get too much exited, because braking power wasn't very good.

It's not a Sachs fork, but a regular Manitou 2, the purple decals shine a bit through behind the Sachs stickers.
Here is the bit later 3, still same disc mount.
Manitou M4 mit Sachs Powerdisc disc scheibenbremse Ad 1995.jpg

Sachs was then indeed working on own suspension forks, and showed a few prototypes, but this never turned into serial production.
Sachs Arcx Federgabel Vorstellung Eurobike aus Bike 1995 10.jpg

Last but not least, Sachs had already in 1994 produced a series of 150 bikes, with aluminium frames from Votec, sold as showcase for Sachs products and New Success incl. disc brakes to dealers.
Sachs Test-It Bike Votec aus BSN 8 1994.jpg

And now, a Swingbike, for €175!! Actually I tried one of those in a bike festival recently. Instead of pedaling, you need to move similarly as if you were rowing. It takes a few seconds to learn the moves but then it's quite fun!!

1000025306.jpg 1000025305.jpg

Latest posts

Back