Thanks a million guys, means a lot!
Now that is absolutely fantastic. It looks better than when it was delivered new, and more so for being out in the fresh air rather than hanging on my wall (permission not granted!). A truly great piece of re-engineering, and it was a pleasure to deal with such a great guy. Here it is 24 years ago at 850m in the Sierra Bermeja mountains Andalucia. Best wishes and keep pedaling, Philip C. (Malaga Spain)

Attachments

• F1.Sierra.Bermeja.2000.JPG
    F1.Sierra.Bermeja.2000.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 38
Now that is absolutely fantastic. It looks better than when it was delivered new, and more so for being out in the fresh air rather than hanging on my wall (permission not granted!). A truly great piece of re-engineering, and it was a pleasure to deal with such a great guy. Here it is 24 years ago at 850m in the Sierra Bermeja mountains Andalucia. Best wishes and keep pedaling, Philip C. (Malaga Spain)

It looks great there too Philip 👍🏼

Philip, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you for letting me be the new custodian of this amazing bike. Hopefully I’ve kept true to what your vision of the bike always was - stealthy and good looking, your eye for design drove the final look of this. Hopefully I didn’t misrepresent anything in the excitement to get the story down!

Philip, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you for letting me be the new custodian of this amazing bike. Hopefully I’ve kept true to what your vision of the bike always was - stealthy and good looking, your eye for design drove the final look of this. Hopefully I didn’t misrepresent anything in the excitement to get the story down!
Pete: The only update is that I have now passed 80, but I'm still doing 75km Greenways here in southern Spain - without electric!. Many are stunning and in the middle of nowhere. Being old railway lines they have the advantage of relatively flat terrain, but some have unlit tunnels and bats! Here is a collage of pics again from the year 2000. Cadiz, Tarifa (parked at the most southerly point in Europe), Gibraltar, and in the Sierra del Ronda mountains. I will email you the individual images. You may look in horror at the luggage arrangements, which in hindsight gets me to wonder about the stress on the seat-tube! The centre of gravity was all over the place, and sharp downhill bends had to be taken with caution. Now I have had a chance to look through all your postings, it is a great pleasure to see the machine in such a fine state and in use. I had visions of it ending up in some dark corner of the National Cycle Collection, as they had previously expressed an interest.

Attachments

• F1.2000-01.JPG
    F1.2000-01.JPG
    584.8 KB · Views: 29
Pete: The only update is that I have now passed 80, but I'm still doing 75km Greenways here in southern Spain - without electric!. Many are stunning and in the middle of nowhere. Being old railway lines they have the advantage of relatively flat terrain, but some have unlit tunnels and bats! Here is a collage of pics again from the year 2000. Cadiz, Tarifa (parked at the most southerly point in Europe), Gibraltar, and in the Sierra del Ronda mountains. I will email you the individual images. You may look in horror at the luggage arrangements, which in hindsight gets me to wonder about the stress on the seat-tube! The centre of gravity was all over the place, and sharp downhill bends had to be taken with caution. Now I have had a chance to look through all your postings, it is a great pleasure to see the machine in such a fine state and in use. I had visions of it ending up in some dark corner of the National Cycle Collection, as they had previously expressed an interest.
Amazing you're still getting in a decent amount of km's at 80!!! 😍 💪👌

I love how the high-end race machine was adapted and used as a bike should be used for which is a mode of transport and to get around/see things.

Lots of older high-end retro race machines end up on the street with all sorts added to them. Mostly the current owner has no idea of the bikes worth or provenance.

That’s superb, another life goal for me is to continue cycling as long as you have, and without electric.

Rest assured, no dark corners for this bike, it’s too pretty to hide away. It’s been out and had some miles put in on it, nothing too strenuous but some good canal paths along the grand union.
Brooklands museum have also shown interest as Dave Price and F1 were locals. There’ll be a long wait though as I’m not giving this away any time soon!

Back