Advice needed please on retro MTB gear from bankrupt shop...

boatdrinks_2002

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
Hi Guys, been a while since I posted...

My old man has bought the stock of a bankrupt cycle shop. There's quite a lot of MTB gear, which we have no interest in, and I've got the job of getting rid on ebay - but I haven't really got much of a clue about a lot of it! If I drop details on various bits now and then, I wonder if the expert panel would be kind enough to give me an idea on value etc? Would be much appreciated, and of course I'm happy to consider any offers from anyone who wants first refusal on anything, or if anyone off here buys it on ebay I'll sort out some postage deal to say thanks.

There's LOADS of stuff, which I'll be picking up week by week from the old man, so this could go on a long time...if I'm being a pain in the a**e then just tell me to go away!

All of the stuff is NOS unless I say otherwise...as I say, any advice on age, use, and especially approx value (I'll be listing most in shop format rather than auction) would be very very welcome.

The first bits I've pulled out of boxes are:

Campagnolo Mirox Hardox on Deore XT front wheel
Mavic D521 SUP on Pace RC50 MT LOCK carbon front wheel
Mavic D521 SUP on Ringle blue front wheel
'General Issue Dirt' rims

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jase

Hi Jase

If you come across one i really need a 26.2mm seatpost (something decent) or maybe a "USE" post that i could shim out thanks, Chris.

It's a longshot but I'm after a titec hell-bent titanium handle bar.

Also a decent ISIS titanium bottom bracket.

Keen to see what else you've got!

Cheers,

Rob

The wheels are not very old or valuable, but to do you a favour I will take them off your hands for £5 each :D

Seriously though, why don't you list it on here first and give the retro boys and girls first dibs. Seems to be a captive audience of people who need NOS kit and you seem to have lots of it. Just a thought.

Would def think about the Ringle wheel...

Jase,

sounds interesting. Before we get a 5 page long wanted list here and you get innundated by requests, can I suggest you make a comprehensive list and get a pic together of the load of it, or at least some pics of a load of it.

If this is a BIG job lot, and you genuinely have no idea on prices etc, maybe PM the Mods and we can work out how and where to list it, so as to avoid a month long q&a session of valuations in the For Sale thread (something we are trying to get away from).

Thanks to everyone for their help thus far. It is a HUGE lot, but the majority of stock is pretty low grade, so unlikely to interest anyone here. I'm still working through the first bit I've brought up from the midlands, I'm doing it at one carload per week. Anything I reckon is decent gear I'll list here, before listing on ebay. If this weeks first load is indicative of the whole, then only a small percentage is remotely exciting. So far there are the wheels I've mentioned, a load of chainrings (the Pace are listed on Ebay), some clothes, bags, loads of cables, hundreds of disc brake pads, inner tubes etc etc etc. Who knows what the next load will bring! I do know that there are a hundred or so larger Pace anodised chainrings, as well as Middleburn etc...

At current rate (bearing in mind I have a full time job) I reckon this could take 18 months!!!

Hi.

Looks like you've got a real job on your hands.

You should have no problems shifting quality consumables on here. Pace & Middleburn chainrings included. One thing though, you need to rethink your prices a little. Considering you only have granny rings listed on the bay at the moment, you're asking almost £10 more than you can get Middleburns from CRC. I know it must be tempting to ask top dollar, but if you drop the prices to a more realistic level you'll make more money in the long run. ;)

By the way, I'm not in the market for any, so I don't have any ulterior motives, just trying to help. :D

Back