Accidents - **WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGE CONTENT**

The worst thing was having to wear huge elasticated waste band trousers to get over the swelling, I instantly went up 2-3 sizes in trousers, not the most fun thing in the world.

Just having a lunch and unfortunately clicked here...and first place goes to The Ken for the most disgusting thing which ruined my nice lunch time.

JeRkY":145exde2 said:
  • Place: Forrest of Dean
    Time: March 2009
    Cause: Me being a skill-less ass on a large jump on a downhill course.
    Resultant injuries: Broken Collar Bone, Internal Bleeding from a bruised kidney, 2 cracked ribs, 1" open gash to the back, biggest most brutal looking bruise I have ever had...yes it was all rather painfull

P1010184.jpg

i was caught out by a jump and broke my collar bone nearly 2 weeks ago and was airlifted to hospital, how long before you could ride again?

Title edited as TK's feet nearly made me hurl my Mini Chedders all over my keyboard :shock:

I've put my back out , broken coccyx , locked a knee , broken elbow , broken wrist , broken hand , 3 broken fingers , broken little toe , chipped shin , sliced my chin open to the bone and not to mention all the various scars from various offs . That's all I can think of at the moment but I currently have a very sore finger that could be chipped , it certainly has a lump :LOL: I've also got a thumb that lacks movement and is noticeably larger than the other . The elbow I broke has a habit of locking and clicking .

Mr Chicken":mtokh2an said:
i was caught out by a jump and broke my collar bone nearly 2 weeks ago and was airlifted to hospital, how long before you could ride again?

I think it was probably a good 6-8 weeks before I felt comfortable, however I think it was 4 weeks before I couldnt resist any longer and went for a gentle pootle.

4 week mark you feel a hell of a load better, but dont over do it. Its a rotton bone to brake.

Pickle":15ytljra said:
Title edited as TK's feet nearly made me hurl my Mini Chedders all over my keyboard :shock:

Yes they are hairy aren't they, my wife calls me a hobbit.

My collarbone has some lumps and bumps and my knee cap is a strange shape, no pics.

BTW my neighbour has appeared in the real MBR picture gallery with a lovely picture of him standing sideways clutch his tackle showing his bruised hip.

I think the moderator should freeze the post :shock:

even with the warning ;)

retrobike should avert "gore" stuff :idea:

and we should not have a look at other's sufferance even if it is with compassion :?

Back