a little personal announcement, working in NZ

Re:

Well I'm back in the pub blagging wifi. :roll: its quite sad how much I miss the internet when I don't have it, especially when you log on to your favourite bike website and you click view new posts and it says there are you 9 pages! I do have a NZ phone but its so basic that much more than Facebook and it struggles! So oh damn I have to go to the pub to log on to retrobike, hmm best not log on to eBay!

Anyway thanks for the comments, I do like it here, I don't think I would like to be here permanently though, I suppose I would get use to it and it would become normal but it's not home. I have met some good people though and I do have the offer to return and if the circumstances were right, or wrong depending how you look at it then I would consider it again as an option.

I'd definitely recommend doing this though, it is an eye opener as far as how things are done in different places, new trails are also interesting, and here they love to give them names, that 60km ride last Friday I rode, "transient", "car parts", " barking emu", "tip track", "serendipity" and "jail brake".

Also you see stuff from a different view point which is always interesting, like the fact that NZ forces are now getting involved with the whole fight against ISIS etc, no one here really saw it as their problem until a couple of months ago when the siege in Australia happened, it was like a wake up call here.

Also being on the end of the hurricane that devastated Vanuatu, it was pretty rough here for a couple of days, must be awful over there.

Anyway back to work as normal tomorrow, I worked today but it was only 10 till 4 and I managed to get the previous 3 days off, spent 2 doing bugger all just to rest my knee and it does seem to have helped which is good. Also the clocks have just changed here so it gets dark at about 630pm, and that shouts that I have to get back to the northern hemisphere!!

:D

Re:

wow, my last week in New Zealand is upon me! :shock:

and suitably retro i'm currently working on an early 90's Klein Quantum!

i'm looking forward to returning home just so i can add some awesome photos to this thread, the tablet i brought with me has been ok but not ideal with regard to pictures.

i fly out next monday and land in San Francisco, a few days in the Fairfax area, hopefully meeting up with FairfaxPat and Repackrider for a ride, after that we head to Lake Tahoe, then back south to Moragn Hill Specialized HQ, then the last few days drinking in Los Angeles! then back to England, a few days riding in Wales, anyone is welcome to join us!

then back to work in a local shop then Mountain Mayhem

BRING ON MY THIRD SUMMER IN A ROW!

Awesome!! :D

Been reading your posts. I'm glad you like it here in nz. I'm a local so no help, having lived around Wellington as a student it's hard not to like the place.
The riding is very good there And you can ride thru winter unlike other places in nz

Safe travels and all the rest

Re:

Can't believe they put up with you for so long!

Drop me a line when you're heading to Wales, just in case I'm not working... Not that I stand any chance of keeping up now!

Re:

@clockd, heading up to Makara on friday afternooon if you fancy joining a few of us

@pete, will be in wales on the 10th/11th/12 of june if you fancy it, will be chill riding to a point, also camping, which means beers. :D

Re:

I like all of those things :D

Date rings a loud bell though, will check with the boss...

You heading for Coed-y-Brenin, or moving around?

Re:

the plan, rough though it is, is to do maybe afan or cannock on the first day followed by Llangdegla followed by coed y brenin but to camp near Dollgellau

Re:

Today I ride bikes with FairfaxPat and Repackrider, in Fairfax California.

It was awesome riding with 2 supercool guys, when I can I will add some pictures but it may have to wait until I get home although Pat had his camera so may post some in his ride thread.

Awesome day, could sit and listen to those 2 guys for hours!

:D

Re:

Had fun today-here's one pic, the rest are on the "Today's Ride" thread...

Attachments

• Jonny.jpg
    Jonny.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 273
Back