A confession

legrandefromage":2xpnqrf3 said:
Russell":2xpnqrf3 said:
as you ride those downhills, faster, in more comfort and with more control, just keep reminding yourself that 'its all just marketing' and you'll be fine.

he rode with cantis.

with your attitude we may as well shut down the site, weigh in all our bikes for scrap and only ride something less than 3 months old (because of H&S regarding used Carbon) and only ride in hi viz tabards around well organized routes with air ambulance on stand-by.

My tabard is on order - do they come in 'puny' size?

You make it sound as if using a suspension fork is somehow non-retro and sacrilegious. :) (Unless your comment was made in pure jest, in which case I retract my comment. ;) )

mfh126":292oufrr said:
legrandefromage":292oufrr said:
Russell":292oufrr said:
as you ride those downhills, faster, in more comfort and with more control, just keep reminding yourself that 'its all just marketing' and you'll be fine.

he rode with cantis.

with your attitude we may as well shut down the site, weigh in all our bikes for scrap and only ride something less than 3 months old (because of H&S regarding used Carbon) and only ride in hi viz tabards around well organized routes with air ambulance on stand-by.

You make it sound as if using a suspension fork is somehow non-retro and sacrilegious. :) (Unless your comment was made in pure jest, in which case I retract my comment. ;) )

vest.jpg

legrandefromage":3s0v22ub said:
he rode with cantis.

Give it a rest, you're stalking me aren't you, just to flame my posts?

My attitude? Would that be the one that saw me racing at Mayhem last year on a 1991 Dynatech, OK it did have front suspension, but the 43mm (or whatever) that Mag20s offer could hardly be described as plush. 21 gears (thumby actuated obviously) and cantis pretty much complete the 'retro' vibe.

Maybe my 'attitude' is better summed up by Mayhem the previous year, riding a '93 Zaskar LE. With (shock! :shock: ) RC30s... fully rigid! Me? Who'd have thought? Oh, Cantis aswell. Even stretched to skinwall tyres with that one.

None of my bikes are less than 3 months old, I've ridden a full suspension bike just once and that was a GT LTS back in the 90's. None of my MTBs are carbon and I'm more likely to be found hacking out new trails through local woods than riding "well organized routes with air ambulance on stand-by".

Shut down the site if you like, but I've known and ridden with the guv'nor for nearly 20 years and I'm actually quite proud of him and what he's achieved here so it would be a real shame.

I quite enjoy our little spats, they keep things interesting, there is a limit to what you can say about the benefits of purple anodising, but don't get personal eh, you really have no idea what 'my attitude' is at all.

Sorry Ed... carry on!

legrandefromage":jrpfs1ye said:
mfh126":jrpfs1ye said:
legrandefromage":jrpfs1ye said:
Russell":jrpfs1ye said:

he rode with cantis.

vest.jpg

Since your Kona has front suspension, and you even talked about going to a full disc setup with it, I now can read the sarcasm in your post. :p

Where can I get one of those nice high-vis vests?

ededwards":koqjmjok said:
I now fear for the future/my sanity - will it be a slippery bike related slope (that I can now ride down), not unlike a child who starts off sipping from their parents' bitter shandy and progresses to quaffing MD 20/20 for breakfast?

So is this really the end of Ed walking down hill? What would we all find to chuckle at if that became a reality? You have to stick with rigid Ed, it's tantamount to a public service!

legrandefromage":e4x5vdsa said:
Grrrr Mleh
Russell":e4x5vdsa said:
Mleh Grrrr

Chaps, have to admire your passion but no need to get bent out of shape <insert one liner of choice> about love and riding bikes (except modern ones, which are shit).

Just in case we forget why we do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMQZcFwdiM

CAS":e4x5vdsa said:
So is this really the end of Ed walking down hill? What would we all find to chuckle at if that became a reality? You have to stick with rigid Ed, it's tantamount to a public service!

Yeah, and we all know what's going to happen to those pesky public services.....

Anyway, who cares about all the hate - just look at these tidy (rigid) forks .....

Attachments

• P5181388.JPG
    P5181388.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 707
  • P5181387.JPG
    P5181387.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 707
I smell a diversionary tactic here ........but they are very nice - even more so in the flesh!

oh......and people miss public services when they don't have then ....so you need to keep your public happy!!

Russell":32jb37f7 said:
legrandefromage":32jb37f7 said:
he rode with cantis.

Give it a rest, you're stalking me aren't you, just to flame my posts?

My attitude? Would that be the one that saw me racing at Mayhem last year on a 1991 Dynatech, OK it did have front suspension, but the 43mm (or whatever) that Mag20s offer could hardly be described as plush. 21 gears (thumby actuated obviously) and cantis pretty much complete the 'retro' vibe.

Maybe my 'attitude' is better summed up by Mayhem the previous year, riding a '93 Zaskar LE. With (shock! :shock: ) RC30s... fully rigid! Me? Who'd have thought? Oh, Cantis aswell. Even stretched to skinwall tyres with that one.

None of my bikes are less than 3 months old, I've ridden a full suspension bike just once and that was a GT LTS back in the 90's. None of my MTBs are carbon and I'm more likely to be found hacking out new trails through local woods than riding "well organized routes with air ambulance on stand-by".

Shut down the site if you like, but I've known and ridden with the guv'nor for nearly 20 years and I'm actually quite proud of him and what he's achieved here so it would be a real shame.

I quite enjoy our little spats, they keep things interesting, there is a limit to what you can say about the benefits of purple anodising, but don't get personal eh, you really have no idea what 'my attitude' is at all.

Sorry Ed... carry on!

The guv'nor once answered one of my PM's, ner. I dont own any purple anodising either.

I apologise, not stalking anybody but marketing does play a big part.

and Mag 20's were rubbish, mine blew their seals and it was like trying to steer with a loose wheel.

RC30 on a Zaskar? Tut, more reetro fo-par... ;)

mfh126":32jb37f7 said:
Since your Kona has front suspension, and you even talked about going to a full disc setup with it, I now can read the sarcasm in your post. :p

Where can I get one of those nice high-vis vests?

I said 'that Kona is shite!' and the guy missheard me so I ended up with a Chute...

Russell":rtjageko said:
as you ride those downhills, faster, in more comfort and with more control...
You write that as though those are good things.

:?

Without wanting to add fuel to the fire, I'd just like to say that suspension forks are perfectly fine.

For girls.

;)

Back