'98 Scott Endorphin FINISHED ! + 1st ride pics

Re: '98 Scott Endorphin morphin' 1st November update

Hi Mike,

really good work here (was not sure at the beginning :LOL: )

Keen to see how it turned out in the end - when the decals are unveiled. ;)

Martin

magas":pc1e75w6 said:
Hi Mike,

really good work here (was not sure at the beginning :LOL: )

Keen to see how it turned out in the end - when the decals are unveiled. ;)

Martin

Cheers Martin,
I'm still not sure how it's going to end up looking TBH, waiting for first yellow coat to harden before applying the second coat. Also have a bit of a run to deal with :facepalm: hoping that some wet and dry paper and a block will sort that out. That's before the tricky stays where I hope to rejuvenate the chequer effect that was in a bad way. So plenty to do yet. Hope it's worth it and doesn't come unbonded as Khane mentioned.

Mike

If you've not ridden it yet, they're worth the effort.
Such a comfortable, responsive ride.

Khane":136yzkpl said:
If you've not ridden it yet, they're worth the effort.
Such a comfortable, responsive ride.

Ridden it? Not even seen a headset in my cave yet! I bought it as a frame only mate.
Had a small parcel waiting when I got home,

:cool:

An NOS HG90 cassette, 13-26

Mike

Attachments

• HG90 cassette 13-26.jpg
    HG90 cassette 13-26.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 813

Mine were race lite, asymetric drilling.... hopefully my problems was an exception than the norm although i do recall seeing same prob on web.

02gf74":3of03qhu said:
Mine were race lite, asymetric drilling.... hopefully my problems was an exception than the norm although i do recall seeing same prob on web.

Just realized, I've got 5 pairs :shock: :facepalm:

2 pairs of road Race Lites with bladed spokes, a pair of Corvairs, a pair of 29" Race, plus these Race models :roll:

Mike

Re:

Made progress today with the frame re-finish. However, it won't be done by me, sadly. A friend of mine who is a prufeshnul car body repairer offered to do it for me for just the cost of the paint. It didn't take me long to decide to take him up on the offer, after I applied the second coat of yellow.
No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get an even coat on it.
So with regret, I started taking the paint back off the frame, in order for it not to react to the new paint going on.
I know it's only original once, but owing to the state in which I received the frame,it was never going to look good. Especially with my efforts. :(
So, now I have options. Basically any colour I want. It will have a pair of red Manitous at the front, and TBH, with the original - lack of - original colour scheme, these would not really have complimented the colours anyway.
I shall get some Scott transfers made up to suit, when I decide what to go for.
Got a few ideas, but open to any suggestions

Thanks

Mike

Pearl white, red decals.

Re:

Thanks, HM,

Was thinking light met green or dark met blue, but I'll keep it in mind ;)

Definetely not black. I have 3 black mtbs as it is. Two of which are Scotts :roll:

Mike

Re:

Good luck with this Mike, the one my mate had that we chatted about, is still on top of the wardrobe - he decided he'd probably like to keep it! Guess who's 'storing' it still though.... :facepalm:

Personally, I'd go for very pale blue but then I am biased (the Kona is that colour...)

Back