'96 Klein Attitude Build

Thias":3qsqu9te said:
No RaceFace +1
WhiteInd. Might be an option. Or cook?

Thanks for the advice !, I'm looking at a pair of Middleburn cranks, any thoughts ?

IMG_6275_zpsfpadgvyz.jpg

Re: Re:

viengsavanh":1mmf9rl8 said:
How long did you have to wait for jon rock to do your paint job

I was lucky (and it was part of the reason I bought the frame that I did), I've been talking to him over email for a while, as I've been wanting to build an Attitude for a while. When we first spoke the waiting list was a year, but when this frame came up, and I spoke to Jon again he said he was doing some other moonrise paint jobs so I could join in, making the wait more like 3 months (hopefully).

Re:

those middleburns are perfect. they have an m950 aesthetic, will work with the bb, and give it a bit of a british signature..

34henry3w":3smtvioc said:
those middleburns are perfect. they have an m950 aesthetic, will work with the bb, and give it a bit of a british signature..

Couldn't have put it better myself, that's another piece of the puzzle sorted out. Just rear mech, front mech and 8 speed cassette to sort out

Thanks gents for the advice

8th June update

Few more parts have arrived : Wheels Mavic 231 on Hope Ti from Martin as well as M950 v brakes and M950 shifter/brake levers

Also the Middleburn cranks with their new purple chainring bolts, SRP Crank bolts, and finally Ti seat bolt (can't decide on this or Ringle yet)

IMG_20160608_125358_zps7oeh9zxo.jpg

But the most exciting news is that I got an email from Jon Rock saying he's starting on the frame (and can fill in the small ding in the forks). I've asked him to send me some photos while the respray is in progress, so hopefully I'll post them here

Last few bits needed :

M950 Rear mech
M950 Front mech (31.8 bottom pull)
M950 speed cassette

Re:

Looking forward to seeing the bike all built up. I have a '93 Moonrise Attitude with M900 that's been my fave for a while. Just an FYI, the seatpost is a 31.6mm so the FD size you need isn't 31.8, it's 34.9.

SF Klein":2j7xrcvc said:
Looking forward to seeing the bike all built up. I have a '93 Moonrise Attitude with M900 that's been my fave for a while. Just an FYI, the seatpost is a 31.6mm so the FD size you need isn't 31.8, it's 34.9.

Thanks for this, the FD is the only thing I've not got yet, interesting that I need 34.9, this website says 35 ?? -http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... itude+(01)

I guess that's close enough ?

Last email I got from Jon on the frame was last week and he was just priming it, so hopefully not too far off now !

Back