95 GT Xizang - ebay France.

gm1230126":1xy12tv1 said:
Rio":1xy12tv1 said:
yes I saw that one too. Stupid import taxes are killing though...

Not if described correctly as a "used bike frame" when the customs paperwork is done before shipping.

that's good to know. I'll have to get into this more. If I find my dream frame, then I'll know what to expect

gm1230126":1jt1xybj said:
Rio":1jt1xybj said:
yes I saw that one too. Stupid import taxes are killing though...

Not if described correctly as a "used bike frame" when the customs paperwork is done before shipping.

In France customs don't care about that......... :( :( :(

You never really know if you will pay import taxes or not... You might pay taxes even on used products. And sometimes you won't pay anything on new products :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, I think that's the same in the Netherlands. I had to pay 32 euro taxes (about 45 dollar) on a 99 dollar used fork!! That's just crazy...

Same thing in Portugal, 23% taxes plus the fees of customs so on a 251US dolares I paid 61 euros!!

We are in crisis so he have to help the Boys(Goverment) to buy new Toys(Cars, submarines, TGV´s, etc)

hehehehe

in china, import taxes for bike or bikeparts is 20%, but 17% VAT will added . so total will be 40%! however, if use royal mail,usps, deutsche Post, in most cases, will not resulting taxes, looks the customs are lazy to do that. but for fedex, dhl or ups. they will pay for import taxes initiatively without asking you first.

Back