'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Spent quite a while searching for these.

The DCD was hard to find, most got bidded up to silly money on ebay (even the battered ones) .This one came from the USA and cost £3.97 + post and packing, Its NOS and came in the original packaging with instructions as well! ive also wanted Panaracer smokes on this bike since i started putting it together, now i finally have a pair....

Sean

Re:

forks....

Im not a fan of rc36's, not saying theyre a bad fork but i just didnt like em. The manitou 4 an RS mag are similar in that they weigh the same and have the same axle to crown height. The mag though are more robust (and possibly better) .The manitou has been rebuilt with firm elastomers and both forks have had the original steel steerer tubes replaced with lightweight alloy ones (thanks to splitty21) ...ive kept the cannondale forks too because ill probs want to go rigid again at some stage, also theyre some of the best rigid forks ive owned

Sean

Re:

Cheers, Im fitting the manitou4 and the panaracer tyres this afternoon (hopefully) and it should start to look a lot more 'retro' :)

Sean

Re:

this was about the extent of todays 'rebuild' lol
I hope I'll have time to get the bike built up this week cos the weather has been lovely...

Sean

Re:

Took the bike on the local trails yesterday, i dont think we could possibly have better biking weather than we have right now :cool: the bike handles well, although the flat bars dont really provide enough control so i will be swapping those for my syncros risers i think, and the forks are a little too stiff for the rocky bits. the suntour self energising brakes are nice and sharp/strong (well, strong as far as cantilevers go anyway lol) but do add more weight than i'd like

pictures;

Spec;

Frame: 94 Aqua zaskar 16 inch
Fork: Manitou 4 with titanium upgrades
Headset: ChrisKing Nothreadaet
Stem: Thomson elite 130mmx15deg
Handlebar: GT flat
Grips: ODI longneck
Barplugs: Odyssey
Brakes: Suntour Pedersen self energising cantilevers
Cantilever cable hangers: Tektro
Brake Boosters: Odyssey titanium
Brake Levers: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Cassette: Action-Tek titanium 7 speed
Chain: a Sram something or rather
Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Tensioner: Daves Chain Device NOS
Crank Bolts: FSA
Chainrings: DMR Saturn 36t
Chainring bolts: Titanium
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT
Pedals: DMR v12 mag
Hub Skewers: Aest titanium
Rims: Mavic SUP
Hubs: Hope suspension front, Shimano XT rear
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke classic 2.1"
Saddle: GT
Seatpost: Thomson elite
Seatpost Binder: GT

Re: 1994 GT Zaskar Aqua

like it, like it alot :) tis a cracking colour

I'd put narrow flat USE bars on my zaskar, looked great but felt so twitchy and reactive

enjoy!

Latest posts

Back