'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

royboy2cv":17v578na said:
That i do like :!: and even better you ride it AND it gets dirty :D
absolutely!! No garage queens here :D

Tc":17v578na said:
I'm just about to put rc36's on my Zasky so I'm interested In your thoughts

They're a versatile set of forks and with the twin brace theres no flex, which is good if you don't mind your bike being a bit front heavy. What let's the rc36 down for me is that they are really soft. I like them when riding on the saddle but peddling while standing they absorb a fair amount of the energy you put into the bike. I wouldn't recommend rc36's with a medium spring to anyone weighing 10 stone or more and I don't think I'd like to ride this fork long term with anything less than a firm spring either. Hope that helps

Re:

As you can see i'am slightly bias towards the Zaskar , as to the fork just love the the Pace but as you can see my budget does not go that far . :(

Photo0403_zps83f3431e.jpg

So i don't have the problem of too much travel , but now sporting Spinergy Spox wheels . :D

Re:

A good set of pace would sell on eBay for as little as £70 if you keep an eye out, they're not wallet busting. Red and silver theme throughout on that 96 would look good :)

Sean

Re: Re:

royboy2cv":2qz635cd said:
I will keep a look out for that , here we go again :facepalm:

I have a nice set of Pace forks I'm not using if your interested :)

Sean Nice new additions dude! Pace forks look great! Thumbs up!

Re:

Hi phatmar , OK getting very tempted , if not for the Zasker could be for a Kona , here goes then , steer size , price and any pics there is no rush on this one , now would be good ;) :facepalm:

phatmar":one3a7ya said:

Cheers mate :) I also have a pair of manitou's and some mags in the garage that I've been working on, both are probably more suitable for a 94 zaskar than the pace, but particularly the mag being the original fork for this bike. I've been looking for a pair that aren't gold or Ti with pitted legs for ages

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":1zet58j5 said:
phatmar":1zet58j5 said:

Cheers mate :) I also have a pair of manitou's and some mags in the garage that I've been working on, both are probably more suitable for a 94 zaskar than the pace, but particularly the mag being the original fork for this bike. I've been looking for a pair that aren't gold or Ti with pitted legs for ages

Sean

Yeah finding a pair with the polished gold with water mark damage is tough... Been looking myself for ages... But you can make a set os SL's easy... Just need to source the Ti bolts and bobs your aunty. Wadsy on here is a great man for refurbishing Mags. Im about to send him out a pair to strip down, re-spray and rebuild them back to new. Theres a fella on Ebay with all the TI bits for the Mag SL set up. I made up a set of Black SL's and they look sweet!

phatmar":25n2bwtk said:
SEANSTEPHENS":25n2bwtk said:
phatmar":25n2bwtk said:

Sean

Yeah finding a pair with the polished gold with water mark damage is tough... Been looking myself for ages... But you can make a set os SL's easy... Just need to source the Ti bolts and bobs your aunty. Wadsy on here is a great man for refurbishing Mags. Im about to send him out a pair to strip down, re-spray and rebuild them back to new. Theres a fella on Ebay with all the TI bits for the Mag SL set up. I made up a set of Black SL's and they look sweet!

Yeah ive seen pictures of his work on the forum, and it looks top notch, he also had a refurbished pair of SL's for sale for around 200 quid not long ago but i was too slow and they got sold to somebody else. :facepalm:
My ones are fitted with the titanium bits, like you say to make a set of SL's and painted is better anyway because theres no worry about the magnesium pitting under the lacquer, and i dont see any other differences between the mag and magSL :?

mine got the silver legs which i prefer to the more common gold, got no steerer tube or crown for em yet though...

Sean

Attachments

• Mag21.jpg
    Mag21.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 568

Latest posts

Back