91 Team Marin...all road tourer?!

Small win, in my box i found a nice ritchey headsets. In silver too.

Top nut had taken a bit if a beating with over zealous spannering....so that needs a quick fix.

File, sand, polish.

Done....

Attachments

• 20240613_130355.jpg
    20240613_130355.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240613_133434.jpg
    20240613_133434.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: JCS
Frames back from powder. Really pleased with the job. Nice subtle metalic silver...not too big a flake, just nice.....jazz club....🤣

Very reminiscent of all the 88 to 91 silvery greyness of marin....which is just what i wanted!

Now i need to start thinking about graphics etc....i think i might have to rethink the 88 graphics to a degree as obviously the frame tubes are very different sizes being tange oversize prestige.

I also can't find a size for the 91 rear stay decal....hopefully somebody on the forum can tell me the size!

Also done the fork bosses and crown prep ready for the headset....

Attachments

• 20240613_130127.jpg
    20240613_130127.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240612_172840.jpg
    20240612_172840.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 23
Digging that silvery colour - do you have a RAL code?

On v vs canti, I’m in a similar conundrum - don’t hate the idea of vees, but they just don’t have the feel of cantis - ‘squeeze squeeze, squeeze, lock!’ Rather than ‘squeeeeeze, and stop.’

Ral was 9022....metalic range.

The problem i have with 'v's is the horrid levers. They all went to stamped out bent up, rather than nice round cast. I even started a thread asking if anybody had spotted any good ones.....nada!

Plus...the cantilevers are far more shiny....and i like shiny!

Decals sized and ordered!

Forks in and bottom bracket fitted.

Once the decals are on, the bike will start to "acquire it own gravity"..... ie the choice of parts and decisions get easier as the bike just pulls them in.

Its then simple imho...as they are either right or wrong!

This is normally where my best laid plans go out the window too! 🤣

Frames back from powder. Really pleased with the job. Nice subtle metalic silver...not too big a flake, just nice.....jazz club....🤣

Very reminiscent of all the 88 to 91 silvery greyness of marin....which is just what i wanted!

Now i need to start thinking about graphics etc....i think i might have to rethink the 88 graphics to a degree as obviously the frame tubes are very different sizes being tange oversize prestige.

I also can't find a size for the 91 rear stay decal....hopefully somebody on the forum can tell me the size!

Also done the fork bosses and crown prep ready for the headset....
Looks nice! I’m glad that they found it!

Latest posts

Back