2001 GT Zaskar re-build

I love that... Modern but not. If you catch my drift.

Is it going to a normal car bodyshop to be lacquered?

How much is that setting you back if I could be rude and ask?

normal car body shop. foc as he does quite a bit for me through work so will go in the booth with the next car being painted !

and agree with you. not period correct or anything, just a bit of a modern twist. everything bar the frame and forks are new / nos.

That's the second vapour blast I've seen on here, and I love the finish. Lovely satin sheen. Looking forward to seeing it fully built.

Re:

wow that looks a stunner! The vapour blasted frame and new decals just set it off perfectly. Nice kit going on their too. Looking forward to this build.

Can I ask who did the vapour blasting and how much?

EDIT - sorry just noted post with vapour blast info.

morning all. been a while since I updated this. build has taken a back seat for a while. been busy with work / home and forgot about bikes for a while. I was owed quite a bit of money and had planned to use that to finish the build. guy disappeared for months until last week. was reluctant to use my own money to finish as was in no rush. will get it finished and some more pictures up. wheels are both built. lad did a fantastic job of them. frame has been coated but had a problem with the forks. had some custom Bomber decals made and the fork lacquered but they have reacted twice now and the finish bad. will need to be stripped again, not sure why it is just reacting on the forks ? prepped the same as the frame so something not quite right. hoping to have it done in the next few weeks.

knew the graphics would be hit or miss but in person and the frame lacquered, they look good. as it was never going to be a period correct NOS build, just wanted something a little different.

Rob.

are the forks a different metal, they got mag in there perhaps?

and for what its worth I like the decals, bit different and certainly eye catching!

RickTheUncivil":1f08fnne said:
are the forks a different metal, they got mag in there perhaps?

and for what its worth I like the decals, bit different and certainly eye catching!

not sure if the drop out are different to the main legs ? whether this has created a reaction when the lacquer has gone on, cant tell. I only lacquered them to stop the new graphics from peeling. frame is perfect so just one of them things. the frame does look good now. will take some more pics tonight with the progress and in better light.

Re:

last few bits have finally arrived. WI ENO crank and chainring, WI freewheel and WI bottom bracket. frame is back in the paint shop as it got knocked off my bench and chipped a bit off the lacquer ! :( soon as I go and collect it, can finally start with the build. been a long time to get to the point. life eh !

not sure why but PB link codes not working. will try again in a bit

Back