1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

Another Kapu for sale - same one as I had. And will have again, in a couple of days when it arrives ...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yep, saw that today. Decent livery as well, I hope the quality is a bit better than the Italian stuff. Still, where for out thou 97 Kapu?

Re:

Do you knoew how the geometry has changed with them?

Or were the 1997 made somewhere exotic? Not knocking your want of a 1997 but curious why retro hit such a premium when this looks identical apart from graphics?

Not much a roadie so probably is a lot different

I don't know the super detail, or the differences from retro to modern day. But, if you take a look and compare, there's little variation in my eyes. Sloping top tube, short stays - classic Kona.

What I'm more confident with is that, certainly for the 95 to 97 models, it's the same frame - Columbus Genius. I'm convinced many were all built at the same sort of time or in very small batches. Serial numbers would prove this except there are so few to validate! Anyway, the geometry for 3 years stayed the same. In 1998 it switched to Reynolds tubing so there may have been some slight tweaks but even then its looks almost identical.

Either way, I have found my 94 very comfortable to ride after getting used to the different positioning.

Re:

A tiny 1999 on ebay uK at the mo.

Your excitement levels when an email from eBay saved searches arrives must be unbearable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back