1995 Independent Fabrication Deluxe Help needed style gurus

fingers":idt830r8 said:
Go on show us anyway... The evolution of a build is good to see too :cool:

Alright then...took this very bad picture today. You can't really see the colour of the frame and fork, both of which are as-near-as-dammit in new condition.
The colour is very dark indigo (with a bit of purple in it) but sometimes it looks gris.

Build so far and what definately staying. I know this is not strictly retro but I only have one bike and I like this like brakes that work etc

Frame and fork
1995 Indy Fab Deluxe
Wheels Polished silver Chris King classic hubs on 517's (staying)
Headset Chris King Mango (staying)
V Brakes Avid Ultimate (modern and staying)
Levers as above
Crankset Middleburn RS7 with Uno ring and Pauls chain keeper
Rear Mech XTR M952 with Avid Rollamajig (staying)
Cassette Ultegra 9 speed
Seatpost Thomson
Stem Thomson

Thats enough of the detail.

Not sure if silver post and stem would be better.
Def, thinking higher rise stem and flat bars
Not sure about the Middleburns...I have some nice M952 arms?

Dunno...its real sweet in the flesh but something just isn't grabbing me.

Stuffforsale123.jpg

I wonder if a silver post and stem would be a good foil to the frame colour...

And I would put 3 nice chainrings on...

Nice proportions though -aesthetically a sound frame and fork, really cool bike, you'll not go wrong with that :cool:

If you subscribe to color theory (you can Google "color wheel"), then I think the part that could be throwing it off for you is that you have the bright orange of the cables conflicting with the yellow in the sticker on the seat tube sticker and the red in the saddle. Since the yellow has to stay as part of the frame, I'd suggest swapping the orange cables for a cables in the same yellow as the seat tube sticker. I'd also swap for a Flite in black & just a small bit of yellow (like in the Flight titaniums). A dark blue frame is the perfect canvas with just a few splashes of such a bright yellow. My $.02

SF Klein":3u0d7knr said:
If you subscribe to color theory (you can Google "color wheel"), then I think the part that could be throwing it off for you is that you have the bright orange of the cables conflicting with the yellow in the sticker on the seat tube sticker and the red in the saddle. Since the yellow has to stay as part of the frame, I'd suggest swapping the orange cables for a cables in the same yellow as the seat tube sticker. I'd also swap for a Flite in black & just a small bit of yellow (like in the Flight titaniums). A dark blue frame is the perfect canvas with just a few splashes of such a bright yellow. My $.02

I totally agree.

Adobe has a free tool called Kuler. Designers (but not only) use it to create color themes. The "complementary colors" mode is very interesting.

so much potential, but something isn't grabbing me either, hmmm

I'll await less fuzzy pics. May I request more shots of the front fork, thanks :)
SF K has a point with the colors.

The Thompson post and stem look good with it, since you are not going period.

Back