1994 Yo Eddy, Harlequin Aqua Fade - Full Bike! SOLD

Re: 1994 Yo Eddy, Harlequin Aqua Fade - Full Bike!

Mine did ;) Again, thank you for your kind positive and encouraging comments about the sale of my bike, which I poured my heart and soul into creating, and now must sell!

fattiman":2m7ezq80 said:
Could people please refrain from making pointless comments about the price! Yes it's expensive, yes it's worth it!
A Rolls-Royce ghost costs more than the average UK house, a Rolex watch costs more than a half decent car too! Incredible :facepalm:
The same principle applies, you won't buy this bike because you need to but because you want to, and can afford to be able to make that decision!

lol! good reply!

I know it's frustrating that we (yes, I'm sorry but I also mentioned price so I'm guilty! :oops: ) mentioned the price but it's a strong price and you sort of just need to understand where it's coming from and have a thicker skin about it. There is nothing wrong with wanting a strong number and you don't have to defend it but you do need to be able to cope with that decision.

Anyhow, it's marvelous, for sure, and a rolexy kind of bike. :cool: I know it can't be easy letting go of that beauty and kudos to you for offering it to all of us. thanks and good luck!

fattiman":1gg003pa said:
Mine did ;) Again, thank you for your kind positive and encouraging comments about the sale of my bike, which I poured my heart and soul into creating, and now must sell!

Don't worry about this guy. People who are looking for bikes like yours wont be affected by comments like his. They know what they are looking for and what it will cost them.

...and I do understand that it's difficult to let a bike like that go.....

Anybody who values their time over YEARS to source these NOS parts, not to mention their stratospheric cost these days, will appreciate what's on offer and how CHEAP it really is. There were only 5 made and its the best paint job FCC ever did IMO. Maybe only a Fatlanta or some Leni Fried team race bikes are rarer but still not as pretty as this.

It's like a new bike and the same level of hand made artisan quality today would easily cost you £7-10K...so why make uninformed comments on the price ?

Rare race cars from prestige brands can go for many Millions of dollars. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_exp ... in_auction

This is the mountainbiking equivalent from an industry leader and innovator, Fat City Cycles, at the top of its game era. This is a work of art, an investment and should be treated as such :D

Would the seller get more splitting it (or the buyer..) if the parts are stratospheric?

I certainly wouldn't split the bike and I would hope that the buyer wouldn't either! A project like this isn't about money it's the satisfaction in creating something beautiful. Granted it maybe should have XTR shifters, and the new owner may just sort that who knows?

M-Power":1u037pna said:
Anybody who values their time over YEARS to source these NOS parts, not to mention their stratospheric cost these days, will appreciate what's on offer and how CHEAP it really is. There were only 5 made and its the best paint job FCC ever did IMO. Maybe only a Fatlanta or some Leni Fried team race bikes are rarer but still not as pretty as this.

It's like a new bike and the same level of hand made artisan quality today would easily cost you £7-10K...so why make uninformed comments on the price ?

Rare race cars from prestige brands can go for many Millions of dollars. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_exp ... in_auction

This is the mountainbiking equivalent from an industry leader and innovator, Fat City Cycles, at the top of its game era. This is a work of art, an investment and should be treated as such :D

Sums it up perfectly, a man that totally understands!
I suppose as the old saying goes, 'if you have to ask, you don't understand' is applicable to this thread.

Wow, that's a drastic reduction!

I think your original price was justified. If vintage mtb goes the same way as vintage BMX we will be looking at much higher prices. Top end kit has always been expensive and is only just reaching the prices that we would have paid in the 1990's anyway. Example Syncros ti posts £120.00 circa 1996 MBUK Price today for NOS from eBay/RB £120.00
RaceFace Turbine chainset £194.00 circa 1995 MBUK Price today great to NOS £120.00
Ringle Zooka stem £149.00 circa '96 MBUK Price today NOS £75.00

I doubt this will be around long at this price :cool:

I absolutely agree with you on all points. I have an old MBUK and worked out the price of everything too, add to the fact that you can't just go out and buy the parts today and yes the value is there to be seen even at the original price of £3750. Unfortunately all I have had is stick for the price :roll:

Back