1994 Yo Eddy, Harlequin Aqua Fade - Full Bike! SOLD

Re: 1994 Yo Eddy, Harlequin Aqua Fade - Full Bike!

Awesome, just found the original UK fat chance race top too, it's a size medium and long sleeve training top style in excellent condition, also have the US Team short sleeve race top in lilac :D
May do a deal on these with the bike.

This bike is just beautiful..........one of the best I have ever seen!

Wow, i really do take that as a compliment coming from a Klein fan as I know how much you guys apreciate a good looking bike along with attention to detail. Thank you :cool:

wow, where does one find such a bike? Did you get it with those parts or source it all yourself? It's truly amazing.

I found the frame first then spent two years sourcing the other parts

Just stunning..
I cant believe they only made 5 of them with that paint.
I sold my one back in 94 to buy a 1956 vw beetle, ive always regretted selling it.

Yes only 5 made. They were commissioned by evolution imports for the FAT UK race team so I am led to believe.

fattiman":so1zmo1t said:
Yes only 5 made. They were commissioned by evolution imports for the FAT UK race team so I am led to believe.

Well, i never knew that..., madness.

I was working for a shop called sharrocks cycles ( near chorley lancs ) when a guy from london phoned and asked if we would be interested in his bike !!!
He originally bought his bike off mark p, at bromely bike, but they didnt want it back for what he wanted, which was originally £1350.00

He must have paid about £3380.00 retail back then.

It had the same paint as yours, and some very nice parts, mostly blue ringle with xtr and cooks cranks.
The forks where manitou 2's.
My boss at the time was never in the shop, and this guy kept ringing and ringing, so in the end i bought it of him for £750 !!!! "it was like new"
I never told my boss, he didnt care about his customers , one little bit, its why i left !!
My boss thought it was mine, and wanted the manitous for his own bike, the deal was a brilliant one...
My boss ordered a set of original yo eddy forks in aqua fade ( blue at the bottom i think ). and did a straight swap !!
So i had this very mint like new bike, with the best forks ever thrown in..
I had bought this with my vw beetle funds, and regrettably had to sell it, i think i let it go for the massive bargain price of around £1300 ish..........., and as i said, what a mistake i had made by selling it..
The guy that bought it from me, went on to crashing it in to a dry stone wall bending those beautiful forks....

If i had my time again, knowing what i now know, ( only 5 ) i would have found some thing else too sell in stead..and would have still had it to this day....., like most things i have :facepalm:

All i can remember is, that was the best paint job, no orange peal, not one mistake with the over spray........, very cleverly done.

Who ever is lucky enough to buy yours will not look back........., very cool and very nice too see..

Wishing you the very best of luck with selling, and hope she goes to a brilliant home..

Wow great story! Isnt it strange how we look back with regret, I know I do about so many things! Imagine if we could walk into a bike shop now and order what we couldnt afford back in the day.
Here is a link to a discussion on the Fatcogs website about the limited run of 5 frames:

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread ... =harlequin

I am confident that this bike is the best Yo eddy for sale in the world today and a must have for any serious FAT collector! Just a pitty that I have to sell it :(

One of my favorite quotes: Long after price is forgotten, quality remains!

fattiman":mx5317uc said:
Wow great story! Isnt it strange how we look back with regret, I know I do about so many things! Imagine if we could walk into a bike shop now and order what we couldnt afford back in the day.
Here is a link to a discussion on the Fatcogs website about the limited run of 5 frames:

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread ... =harlequin

I am confident that this bike is the best Yo eddy for sale in the world today and a must have for any serious FAT collector! Just a pitty that I have to sell it :(

One of my favorite quotes: Long after price is forgotten, quality remains!

^^^very good quote^^^

I will never forget that bike, hence the story being so fresh in my mind.

Just had a look at that link....., brilliant.

Love the over the bars image........, ouch!!

i would like to see some one replicate that paint. if they can...

Who ever painted them originally, where at the top of their game...

I agree, top bike, it is perfect. pitty you have to sell it..

Back