1994 Kona kilauea

Speedimages

Retro Newbie
Hi
My 1994 Kona kilauea is in need of a new home because I'm looking at having a new MTB and don't have the room to keep this one. I always said I would never sell it but the time has come for it to go.
I posted some images of it earlier this week on the How much is it worth post and mentioned that the seat post was seized in the frame....It's fine now, just hadn't been undone for years.

1994 Kona Kilauea all paint and decals are original
1997 Marzocchi bomber Z3 forks ( need stripping as I think the elastomers have finally cried enough)
Original Kona Fitted XT front and rear mech's
Original Kona fitted Brake levers and shifters
STXRC canti brakes with Ritchey Red blocks
I think the front wheel is still the original one
New Specialized Team control tryes
X lite seat post
New Kona Stab seat
Club Roost stem and Go fast bars

Sensible offers if anyone is interested otherwise it'll be going on ebay.

img0369nh.jpg

By speedimages at 2012-06-18

img0371wa.jpg

By speedimages at 2012-06-19

img0372ow.jpg

img0373ey.jpg

img0374vb.jpg

Cheers

Chris

forum rules says it needs a price

or you just get the £2.86 plus some buttons offers. :D

'94 Kona Kilauea

I had one exactly teh same until some tea leaf stole it...wanting a frame and original parts as a project bike to re-build...would you consider splitting??

Hmmmm - feel it tempting me in....

Where are you based - and how bad is the fork problem?

Cheers,

Sorry for not posting before.... been busy with the kids in the holidays.
Yes the bike is still here.
The forks have no travel left once you sit on the bike, I havn't stripped them to have a look.... havn't really got the time.
Have been using it recently for getting around locally rather than using my new Blast.

Chris

The forks are in good condition otherwise. A few scratches in the paint but no damage to the moving surfaces, no pitting or rust and they slide nicely. Only other problem is that the adjuster knobs are both missing off the top of the fork legs. Will post some close up images of the forks in the next couple of days.

Chris

Back